Dashcam setup - going with a REDTIGER F7N-PLUS setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my wife was in a minor accident in our Explorer ST, rear-ending another car, of course without a dashcam she's at fault... even though the car in front of her caused the issue
what sucks now is we have a $500 deductible and 3 years of increased insurance... ordered this dash cam (a little late now) but at least will be around for the next *******...

wondered if anyone has a similar setup in their Raptor? If this goes well, I'll probably add one in the truck too!

here's the setup I'm going with:
Visit the REDTIGER Store
4.4 out of 5 stars 7,942 ratings | 820 answered questions

REDTIGER Dash Cam Front Rear, 4K/2.5K Full HD Dash Camera $119 (after $30 off coupon)
SAMSUNG EVO Select Micro SD-Memory-Card 256GB $17
REDTIGER 3M Mount F7N Dash Cam with GPS Module $20
REDTIGER F7N Dash Cam Hardwire Kit,11.5ft USB C Port Hard Wire Kit for Dashcam $20
REDTIGER F7N Circular Polarizing Lens, CPL for Dash cam $21

IMG-9568.jpg

hope to get this installed soon, and will report back...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
anything is better than nothing. I don’t see any mention of heat tolerance, which will be a concern. it’s 2 channel, so seems like it should give some decent coverage.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anything is better than nothing. I don’t see any mention of heat tolerance, which will be a concern. it’s 2 channel, so seems like it should give some decent coverage.
hmm good point, all i see on the site is 'Super Capacitor' Twice the service life of lithium battery, super capacitor is designed to withstand extreme temperatures without overheating, explosion and melting.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that would be better than (my) GoPro. I just managed to extract the ... rather chubby battery that had swollen due to heat. I thought it was a goner. The capacitor route is supposed to be better for heat but I cannot comment directly and will defer to the others here who run dash cams. For me it was... maybe 10 days after getting my Rap. I’m rollin’ while the right lane next to me, see me and be hatin’. So one dip shït female pulled out of line - I’m doing a steady 40mph, we’re signed 45 and there’s maybe 3-ish car lengths between me and the 12 o’clock. Ho. Lee. Shít, I thought for sure she was getting punted by the Rap, but to my amazement, the truck slowed enough to avoid a collision.

Selfish bítch. I do NOT miss NoVA traffic.

SN8KE

Reaction score
any update on the install? curious as to how its working out since i am considering the same setup