I "invented" this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Right. when I put my quad in the back, the tailgate can't close, and being spring assisted it bounces like crazy down. So I made this to hold it half way up. It slips over the peg and latches right into the tailgate. To release just open the handle like normal.
QUOTE]

When I have bike in the bed the rear tire is just at the edge of the tailgate. So I stuff a 2 x 10 x 24 inches long under the rear tire and let it hold the tailgate down. Then I throw on my FX4 ' s Bed extender in around it all.

Looks good though I would have gone a matching color to the truck or black.

BDRAG

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
ACK! Friggen brilliant! And you begin selling these when?

This is a problem I am going to have that I didn't realize (once I get my Raptor). My current tailgate isn't spring loaded.

I could. I looked and looked and I couldn't find anything like this. The nicest thing is the comfort of knowing your quad (even when strapped right) won't roll out the back

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could. I looked and looked and I couldn't find anything like this. The nicest thing is the comfort of knowing your quad (even when strapped right) won't roll out the back

Does the factory bed extender hold the tailgate down, thereby negating the need for your spiffy gizmo?

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ya it does. That, along with the graphics where the two options I did NOT get though. So this cost me a few $ to make out of scrap we had laying around vs several hundred for a bed extender.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya it does. That, along with the graphics where the two options I did NOT get though. So this cost me a few $ to make out of scrap we had laying around vs several hundred for a bed extender.

Cool, that's helpful to know. I did order the bed extender as I have a variety of uses for it. Now it's good to know I'm not going to have a problem I didn't know I was going to have.... or... not have ... or...

Thanks anyway! Your gizmo is cool. :waytogo:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome idea. And thanks for sharing that info about the bed extender! I would have never thought it would do that. Now, I'm glad I got one on order for my Wolverine 450!

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is awsome. Great job . Now I hope no one rips this off from you . You should taulk to a few of the vendores and see if you can get something gong with them . Just an idea.