GEN 1 I expect Gen 1 Raptors to hold their value or maybe even tick up with the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given the prices I'm seeing posted on the II, the I will hold value a long time. Kids won't care given they like turds with fart cans, but some of us old grey hairs STILL like a V8. That will also contribute to prices holding.

If/when Ford decides the V8/more power is needed due to other makers upping the bar, I might consider one....... might.

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the way I see it as a prospective first-time Raptor buyer.

The only reason the $53,000 truck is worth $53,000 is because it is the best option available.

As soon as you can go in and buy a new reasonably optioned 2017 with 000,014 miles and a full warranty for $52,000...

and buy a 2017 Raptor for MSRP or less, and take delivery within a couple months, the price of this vehicle will be like the price of any other vehicle, go new for $55-65k, or used for $45k MAX.

Here is where the rubber meets the road - if you can do the above - walk in, buy one or order one for MSRP ($57k - $64k per Ford pricing attached above) and get new, new warranty etc. Then most would go that route.

But because there is a large following of the existing truck with the V8, they will continue to hold their value better than any other truck. So it is all relative - may not be what you can get today, but will still be pretty good for a 3-8 year old truck!

Here in S. Cal we were never able to order one or walk in and buy one at MSRP (unless you had a connection) - so we had to search hard, bargain and/or travel to get reasonable pricing - that behavior is not likely to change of the dealers!

If you like the truck you have the pricing really doesn't matter! If you have to have the latest and greatest - well then get ready to pay up for a new Raptor - the strong market was not lost on the dealers and they are in business to make money!

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck was a high-demand model with limited but "available" production for 5 years.

Ford sold over 70k Raptors. It wasn't limited in any way.

Interestingly, sales spiked in 2013 and 2014 when rumors of the ecoboost V6 making it's way into Gen 2 began to circulate.

I don't think the V8 vs. V6TT is going to be a "thing" for the market. I'm sure a few guys with the older ones will decide the older one is better, but the market will say that the V6 that is newer and gets double the mileage is worth more.

I generally prefer newer things vs. older but I have no interest in a V6. Especially one that doesn't get real world fuel mileage that is any better, let alone "double" (where did you even hear this?) the fuel mileage of a V8. The new truck is lighter, though not as light as promised, and that will help, but let's be honest, it ain't no Prius.

mpbowyer

Reaction score
Here is where the rubber meets the road - if you can do the above - walk in, buy one or order one for MSRP ($57k - $64k per Ford pricing attached above) and get new, new warranty etc. Then most would go that route.

But because there is a large following of the existing truck with the V8, they will continue to hold their value better than any other truck. So it is all relative - may not be what you can get today, but will still be pretty good for a 3-8 year old truck!

Here in S. Cal we were never able to order one or walk in and buy one at MSRP (unless you had a connection) - so we had to search hard, bargain and/or travel to get reasonable pricing - that behavior is not likely to change of the dealers!

If you like the truck you have the pricing really doesn't matter! If you have to have the latest and greatest - well then get ready to pay up for a new Raptor - the strong market was not lost on the dealers and they are in business to make money!

Let's be clear, I do LOVE the truck. The V8 version. I try to understand global markets, not enthusiast markets. Even in a hobby industry to understand the market we have to focus on the general hobby consumer vs. the loud voice of the 5% of customers (even hobby man-toy customers) who are members of internet forums. Realize that 95% of guys with Raptors are not on this forum, and THEIR actions set the market. Not ours.

I'm just a guy trying to strategize a purchase. I want a Raptor. I love them. I'll probably end up with one. I'm really pumped that FORD put the pricing so low relative to the inflated used market in a supply-absent demand-rich market. That'll DROP the market value of the product whether it is carrots, freight, salt, or specialized trucks.

If FORD had put the pricing at $75k I'd have one today from a listing last week from one of the 95% of owners who don't follow daily FORD news to know that their 2012 SCREW was going to be worth a whole lot more once the market had the option of a NEW truck for $75k, which takes the used market up to about $67k, where now it tops out less than that.

So I'll wait until a guy can just walk in and buy this commodity at the store, whether it is a Raptor, or an Iphone, and the slow 95% market will realize that the old is now old, and I'll nab a cherry 45k mile 2012 next June for $29k.

Also, I understand that .005% of Americans may live in Southern California. That is not my market. My market is all of the US. Why would one travel to the expensive place to purchase a commodity good? Why would someone who lives there buy there? I'll provably pick one up off of a second owner where the first owner was a FORD management lease in the dearborn area. No good off-roading there. That's a plus for me.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And then they'll start to rise again and I suspect become collectors vehicles with time. Only SVT Raptor, only Raptor with a V8 and the first of a new breed. Not that a lot of us will ever sell ours but I bet you'll be able to sell it for more than you bought it 15-20 years from now still!

Doesn't really matter to me what happens to its market value, I don't plan on selling. I love my truck, it's a fully loaded 2013 (except no graphics) very low mileage unmolested (100% stock) truck. Actually I have one modification, a stubby. This first generation Raptor is very special. The second generation may be too, I really hope it is.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ Uh yeah, a 29 thousand dollar mile Raptor with 45 thousand miles is never happening in my neck of the woods maybe with a 100 thousand miles. The 2011s to 2012s will continue to be 30 grand or so. The parts alone are worth that, and they are lots better than 90 percent of the new trucks out today.

A lot of people hoping for a 20 grand Raptor are going to get a truck with a lot of issues and or worn out. Nothing is for free and no one on here can expect to get a 30-40 grand truck for 20-25 grand is not happening unless it is very used and has 200 thousand miles. I think these Ford trucks will last forever and to put our parts on a normal truck would be well over 30 grand.

It is like 10 year old STIs still bring 20 grand cause the parts are worth that much.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
^ Uh yeah, a 29 thousand dollar mile Raptor with 45 thousand miles is never happening in my neck of the woods maybe with a 100 thousand miles. The 2011s to 2012s will continue to be 30 grand or so. The parts alone are worth that, and they are lots better than 90 percent of the new trucks out today.

A lot of people hoping for a 20 grand Raptor are going to get a truck with a lot of issues and or worn out. Nothing is for free and no one on here can expect to get a 30-40 grand truck for 20-25 grand is not happening unless it is very used and has 200 thousand miles. I think these Ford trucks will last forever and to put our parts on a normal truck would be well over 30 grand.

It is like 10 year old STIs still bring 20 grand cause the parts are worth that much.

My truck has been for sale for about a month now. I have not had an offer over $22k. One person has looked at it and disappeared. I will say, it has some things that need attention but nothing that a potential buyer would see via pics or descriptions. I refuse to sell it for that so it's not a concern but it has really surprised me the lack of interest it has gained thus far.

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg