GEN 1 I expect Gen 1 Raptors to hold their value or maybe even tick up with the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how many folks seem to WANT our trucks to drop in price!! I look at the one's for sale around me and read all the BS reasons as to why folks say they are or will drop like rocks. Well, there are 3 for sale in my town, it appears rocks defy gravity here! The 2014, with 15k miles is still over 62,000, no add on's! That's way over what I paid for my 2014 with 2 miles on it. The 2012, 75k miles, 50,000, no add on's. The 2013, with 54k miles, 49,999, with no add on's. So I can sell my now almost 3 year old truck, for which there currently is NO replacement, for what I paid new, yep falling like a rock.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well when the gen1 do finally drop I'll start buying them to run on the farm as my daily beat to shit use it like a farmer truck. however I still take care of my farm truck's just don't worry about scratches or washing them more than a few times a year.

And then they'll start to rise again and I suspect become collectors vehicles with time. Only SVT Raptor, only Raptor with a V8 and the first of a new breed. Not that a lot of us will ever sell ours but I bet you'll be able to sell it for more than you bought it 15-20 years from now still!

mpbowyer

Reaction score
Here's the way I see it as a prospective first-time Raptor buyer.

The truck was a high-demand model with limited but "available" production for 5 years. Prices went up a little but not crazy. Then they stopped making them.

After no more were available, more and more people kept wanting them. And as the next 3 years went on, even more and more people wanted them. The worthwhile ones became less and less available, so the prices went up.

A 2013 truck with 20,000 miles in 2014 is probably worth about as much now as it was then, even though it has 60000 miles now. That's why I say they have "gone up". Your choice now, if you want a raptor, is to get a 80k mile 2011 for $39,000 or get a 25k mike 2014 for $53,000.

The only reason the $53,000 truck is worth $53,000 is because it is the best option available.

As soon as you can go in and buy a new reasonably optioned 2017 with 000,014 miles and a full warranty for $52,000, do you think the 3 year old one running out of warranty with even as little as 30,000 miles will be worth MORE?

You've got to be kidding.

As soon as a guy can reasonably go in and buy a 2017 Raptor for MSRP or less, and take delivery within a couple months, the price of this vehicle will be like the price of any other vehicle, go new for $55-65k, or used for $45k MAX.

I'm thinking by June next year this is how the values play out.
2014 with LOW miles, $45k
2014 with 50k miles, $39k
2011 with 90k mikes, $25 to 29k

If I had an older Raptor right now, I'd dump it like a bad habit, then if you love it, but it back again after the market gets its feet back and make $20k, or sell now and add $6k in a year to buy a brand new one.

This is the opposite of what happened to the GTR. Same limited availability, but Nissan kept raising the prices. They started at $65k, then went up over $100k new over the next 5-6 years. The guys who bought them new for $65k have a car that will still sell for $65k because the other option for a prospective buyer is a new one for $105,000.

I was afraid Ford would put the 2017s at about $75,000-95,000, which would probably even RAISE the price of the old ones.

I'm open to other people's thoughts.

I don't think the V8 vs. V6TT is going to be a "thing" for the market. I'm sure a few guys with the older ones will decide the older one is better, but the market will say that the V6 that is newer and gets double the mileage is worth more.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^i agree with some of this statement but to drive a raptor correctly you must have your foot in it. so a v6 will not get better mpg just be weaker.

the new Shelby is 90+k so a new raptor will be a close second. don't think this is not a nitch production vehicle for at least the first two years.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm saving for the new Bronco (if it really comes out and they do it right!). If not, a second gen1 will be my second choice. It would be cool to have 2 or 3 laying around the homestead!

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the way I see it as a prospective first-time Raptor buyer.

The truck was a high-demand model with limited but "available" production for 5 years. Prices went up a little but not crazy. Then they stopped making them.

After no more were available, more and more people kept wanting them. And as the next 3 years went on, even more and more people wanted them. The worthwhile ones became less and less available, so the prices went up.

A 2013 truck with 20,000 miles in 2014 is probably worth about as much now as it was then, even though it has 60000 miles now. That's why I say they have "gone up". Your choice now, if you want a raptor, is to get a 80k mile 2011 for $39,000 or get a 25k mike 2014 for $53,000.

The only reason the $53,000 truck is worth $53,000 is because it is the best option available.

As soon as you can go in and buy a new reasonably optioned 2017 with 000,014 miles and a full warranty for $52,000, do you think the 3 year old one running out of warranty with even as little as 30,000 miles will be worth MORE?

You've got to be kidding.

As soon as a guy can reasonably go in and buy a 2017 Raptor for MSRP or less, and take delivery within a couple months, the price of this vehicle will be like the price of any other vehicle, go new for $55-65k, or used for $45k MAX.

I'm thinking by June next year this is how the values play out.
2014 with LOW miles, $45k
2014 with 50k miles, $39k
2011 with 90k mikes, $25 to 29k

If I had an older Raptor right now, I'd dump it like a bad habit, then if you love it, but it back again after the market gets its feet back and make $20k, or sell now and add $6k in a year to buy a brand new one.

This is the opposite of what happened to the GTR. Same limited availability, but Nissan kept raising the prices. They started at $65k, then went up over $100k new over the next 5-6 years. The guys who bought them new for $65k have a car that will still sell for $65k because the other option for a prospective buyer is a new one for $105,000.

I was afraid Ford would put the 2017s at about $75,000-95,000, which would probably even RAISE the price of the old ones.

I'm open to other people's thoughts.

I don't think the V8 vs. V6TT is going to be a "thing" for the market. I'm sure a few guys with the older ones will decide the older one is better, but the market will say that the V6 that is newer and gets double the mileage is worth more.

First and foremost, let me point out this 2017 Raptor you speak so highly of IS NOT IN PRODUCTION YET AND THERE IS NO FIRM DATE OF WHEN IT WILL BE!!!!!
Second, I will use your numbers. June of next year my Raptor will be over 4 years old, and low miles. So if it is still worth 45k on a truck I paid 52k for, pretty damn good in my opinion.
Lastly, the V8 vs V6TT, you are so wrong. You need to use the search, there is WAY more discussion, rumor, hope, opinion, and "I heard in 20??" there will be a V8 option. Hell, there is more discussion about the V8 than even what the price will be.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah well this is all B.S. if you want to see where prices for the gen 1 raptor will be go to your closest large body of water and drop a brick in it and it might sink just as far as the prices will