I already have 228 lightbulbs on the front of my Raptor, help me pick the next 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Look forward to see the output of all those damn lights.

I want some 4500's in spot/pencil. But $$.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Outlaw mounts shipped this morning but after seeing this thread I'm reconsidering my lighting decision. I bought a set of Dually D2s driving pattern, but now am thinking maybe the 4500s HIDs would have been the best option...

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Outlaw mounts shipped this morning but after seeing this thread I'm reconsidering my lighting decision. I bought a set of Dually D2s driving pattern, but now am thinking maybe the 4500s HIDs would have been the best option...

Those Rigid D2s are great (I have some) but in my opinion that is the wrong place to mount them. You're gonna get a lot of glare off your hood and that is very counterproductive to this lighting mod's purpose. Those D2s would serve you MUCH better mounted elsewhere, and some Spot/Pencil beam HIDs would operate much more appropriately on your hood mounts.

I think your original plan would look badass, but definitely would not perform ideally. I say go for function > form if you're really gonna use the lights.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm convinced the D2s need to go else where, I'm now looking at other lights. So between the 4500s and the Baja squadrons (both seem to be comparable in cost) any thoughts? Or like mentioned earlier the HIDx seem to be good and affordable.

The more time I spend on the forum, the more my bank account shrinks... Sorry for hijacking thread...

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm convinced the D2s need to go else where, I'm now looking at other lights. So between the 4500s and the Baja squadrons (both seem to be comparable in cost) any thoughts? Or like mentioned earlier the HIDx seem to be good and affordable.

The more time I spend on the forum, the more my bank account shrinks... Sorry for hijacking thread...

Damnit!!!! All you guys need to quit apologizing for hijacks!! Hahahaha!! You guys aren't even off-topic, it's totally cool. :p

I went with the VisionX's primarily just because they had the beam I want, i like the look, i've read/heard good things about them, and they seem like the original light the mount was designed with considering Outlaw's light choices on their RSV's.

But to be totally frank I pulled the trigger without fully investigating the other two options you've now mentioned. I just decided I liked what I saw an heard and ordered it.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Speaking of the HIDX lights, I'm really thinking hard about moving my M&R 6" lights down from the outlaw mounts and getting tabs welded on my ADD bumper to mount those so I can put the HIDX lights up on the outlaw mounts.

The M&R lights work great up there, but I think I want something with just a little more throw to them.

Interested to see how your VisionX lights look mounted up there Bo!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting lights there as well. I was thinking D2"S or SRM or maybe SRM2'S?
I think the only one that comes in spot is the SRM. Would driving beam shine off the hood much if I had a flat black hood decal?

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting lights there as well. I was thinking D2"S or SRM or maybe SRM2'S?
I think the only one that comes in spot is the SRM. Would driving beam shine off the hood much if I had a flat black hood decal?

The flat black should help to a degree (reducing sun glare is why people started painting performance vehicle hoods flat black in the first place way back in the day) but I don't know how much it's really gonna help. Think about it, with the stock hood graphic, or one mounted like mine is, you're still not reducing the problem much even with the flat black because the lights are mounted and pointed to shine moreso over the factory-painted outer edges of the hood and tops of the fenders anyway. There is gonna be glare.

Even if it reduces it, the fact remains the same, if you're mounting anything other than Spot/Pencil up there, you're basically throwing the light in the wrong place.