I already have 228 lightbulbs on the front of my Raptor, help me pick the next 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the thread title says, let's get excessive. So I keep seeing pics of puddle hunter, BigJ, and a few other Raps with the two round lights near the windshield, and I can't seem to stop ******* over the setup. I want. I need.

More lighting is always nice, but admittedly just in the looks department alone I have a major chub for this setup.... or at least a rock-hard-softy.

Between the plethora of LED lights I have on the front of my Rap, I'm well covered in the light-spread department.... So what I'd like to do is got for 2 appropriately sized lights that are going to give me the BEST DISTANCE.

I'd like to solicit the opinions of my FRF cohorts, please chime in with your thoughts. Vendors are welcome to chime in, just keep it civil... I know (and appreciate) how competitive you guys are! Haha :burnout:

Here are some pics of puddle hunter's setup for illustrative purposes:

IMG_0300.jpgIMG_0301.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Outlaw guys are running the Vision X 4500 series up there. They seem to have the lowest profile and throw out a ton of light.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I'd talk to BigJ about his thoughts on his LightForce setup. I love my LF HIDs... The HIDx option is definitely the most cost effective!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Outlaw guys are running the Vision X 4500 series up there. They seem to have the lowest profile and throw out a ton of light.

I second this, if you're going for maximum distance, with the smallest size. Pencil beams in a small package, can't beat that, plus its what the mount's manufacturer uses and recommends!

The lightforce's that BigJ has appear to be the ******* as well, but he'll have to chime in for specifics on those. If I remember correctly, you can turn the bezel and convert the light from spot to flood.. pretty nifty.

Vanilla_Gorilla is going to install the M&R 6"s on his mounts, no report on their output yet, but they'll turn out to be the creamy center of the all things good, if they're anything like their 20" counterpart.

After a long weekend in Death Valley and using the HIDX's euro beam, as great as they are, I'm definitely wanting for some long range lights too. So consider me tuned in to this thread!!

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, cost is not nearly as much of a factor as performance is.

I'd definitely like to hear from anyone who has a pair of 6" mounted up as to how much the housing interferes with driver vision.... Particularly on the driver side when you're making high speed turns or whippin' the tail end of the Rap around.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lightforce's that BigJ has appear to be the ******* as well, but he'll have to chime in for specifics on those. If I remember correctly, you can turn the bezel and convert the light from spot to flood.. pretty nifty.

That is a cool feature. Not sure how often I'd flip, but more choices are always a plus.

Would also think glare off the hood would be an issue?
valid question, I second that for those who can comment from experience.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
valid question, I second that for those who can comment from experience.

My HIDx lights are a euro beam, and they do light up the hood a bit, whether you call that glare and/or distracting, is really up to you and your eyes. I doubt spots would have the same cast-off. I actually get distracted by the clear stone guards more, as the tabs that wrap around the light, light up from collected/refracted light. I notice this more than I notice the hood "glare". It was cool at first, but after a while, it is distracting.

Here's what I'm talking about:
IMG_0320.jpg

Also worth noting, my truck is Tux black with the hood vinyl. This may be a contributing factor into the low levels of annoying "glare" I experience. Seating position may play into this as well. If you take a top down seating position, as opposed to the granny in the Lincoln staring through the steering wheel, you may notice more "glare".

and here's the "glare" I get from my point of view (minus the stone guards):
IMG_0332.jpg

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very succinct answer to the glare question, puddle hunter. I could handle the glare depicted in your photos, and I agree that there would likely be less glare with the spot/pencil beam I'm looking for, so I'm satisfied on that front. Many thanks for that post.