I already have 228 lightbulbs on the front of my Raptor, help me pick the next 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I second this, if you're going for maximum distance, with the smallest size. Pencil beams in a small package, can't beat that, plus its what the mount's manufacturer uses and recommends!

The lightforce's that BigJ has appear to be the ******* as well, but he'll have to chime in for specifics on those. If I remember correctly, you can turn the bezel and convert the light from spot to flood.. pretty nifty.

Vanilla_Gorilla is going to install the M&R 6"s on his mounts, no report on their output yet, but they'll turn out to be the creamy center of the all things good, if they're anything like their 20" counterpart.

After a long weekend in Death Valley and using the HIDX's euro beam, as great as they are, I'm definitely wanting for some long range lights too. So consider me tuned in to this thread!!

I'm a little embarrassed to be admitting and posting this. :baby:

This last Saturday morning I was all set to install my outlaw hood mounts and 6" M&R lights this last weekend, but when I was gathering all of my parts, I couldn't find my hood mounts,no where to be found, I looked all over the house, garage, truck, EVERYWHERE for a good hour and a half! I finally found one of my mounts hugging the battery under the hood, ONE mount!!!!!! :flipthebird: I Still haven't found the other mount. So Saturday night I ordered two more mounts from outlaw and I am waiting for them to be shipped.

As soon as they get in, i am dropping everything and installing them. And of course I'm sure as soon as i do that, the other mount will turn up, so look for a cheap set of Outlaw hood mounts for sale in the garage sale section.

And i am planning on at least getting the wiring completed this Saturday, if the mounts don't come, then I'll have that done and ready to go when they do.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed to be admitting and posting this. :baby:

This last Saturday morning I was all set to install my outlaw hood mounts and 6" M&R lights this last weekend, but when I was gathering all of my parts, I couldn't find my hood mounts,no where to be found, I looked all over the house, garage, truck, EVERYWHERE for a good hour and a half! I finally found one of my mounts hugging the battery under the hood, ONE mount!!!!!! :flipthebird: I Still haven't found the other mount. So Saturday night I ordered two more mounts from outlaw and I am waiting for them to be shipped.

As soon as they get in, i am dropping everything and installing them. And of course I'm sure as soon as i do that, the other mount will turn up, so look for a cheap set of Outlaw hood mounts for sale in the garage sale section.

And i am planning on at least getting the wiring completed this Saturday, if the mounts don't come, then I'll have that done and ready to go when they do.
That sucks!!! :shocked: The good news, they're not expensive. Hopefully they're not on back order like the last time, and you get them quickly.

Maybe you should hit the local shopping center... do a couple speed bumps at full speed. Any excessive rattling might be the missing mount, assuming its still located somewhere inside the raptor... :waytogo:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
vanilla_gorilla said:
LOL, i thought about that, because you couldn't miss the sound of those bad boys dropping out.

I'm hoping they aren't back-ordered either...fingers crossed.

Dude! I might just beat you getting mine installed. I am doing mine tomorrow if all goes well. What'd you decide on for security?

Sorry for the hijack Bo

Last edited:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude! I might just beat you getting mine installed. I am doing mine tomorrow if all goes well. What'd you decide on for security?

Sorry for the hijack BigJ.

They are shipping today but I don't get home from Colorado until Friday afternoon, so i think you will beat me... :Grenade:

Nothing yet for security....still thinking because there are so many bolts for adjustments, so that would be a lot of tack welds. I want to see what they look like when mounted and how easy it'll be to get to some of the bolts when mounted.

And sorry for the highjack as well, Bo!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
vanilla_gorilla said:
They are shipping today but I don't get home from Colorado until Friday afternoon, so i think you will beat me... :Grenade:

Nothing yet for security....still thinking because there are so many bolts for adjustments, so that would be a lot of tack welds. I want to see what they look like when mounted and how easy it'll be to get to some of the bolts when mounted.

And sorry for the highjack as well, Bo!

One more hijack. I am just doing JB Weld on all my bolts. It should be enough to deter most thieves

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't secure mine.. :crazy:

Unless the theif is equipped with a nice set of ratcheting open ended wrenches, they'd give up on getting the nuts loose, after the first 1/8th turn. The amount of room to wrench on the nuts is so limited, that its a deterrent in itself. Not to mention the high visibility factor when trying to go klepto near the a-pillar on a Raptor.

Of course, where there's a will, there's a way... and if you feel so inclined to secure your lights, by all means do it! Considering the dough some of us have/will spend on lights, that loss can be considerable. Personally, I'd be mad if I lost my $200 investment in lights, but not as mad as loosing $600 or more worth of lights.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Haha, for security for all my lights I got a shrill 120db alarm and mounted it next to the horns and ran the trigger wire to all the light mounts. If one is stolen, the connection is dropped and it goes WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO WEEE WOOO loud as hell!

The look on the unsuspecting thief will be hilarious :uhoh2:
:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a good idea with the alarm.

So to answer my original quandary in the original post, I ended up ordering some VisionX 5" round 4502 HIDs in Spot aka Pencil beam to go on the Outlaw Mounts. I ordered it all last Friday, so it should be here soon.