How to wire rear lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming you don't mind the reverse lights coming on along with the backup lights when using the aux switch. I don't see an issue since I am using aux 4 for additional light when I am messing around behind the truck.

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will move some wiring around and connect aux 4. If the stock reverse lights come on too, so be it. Hopefully they wont.
dataustin- can you tell me exactly how you ran your wiring from the passenger footwell to the rear bumper?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I grabbed this off the net, and failed to notice the two battery power source..

So, you can ignore that...

sw1 is your reverse switch
sw2 is your aux switch
Circle with x is your lights

If you follow the line from the battery.. If either sw1 or sw2 is closed the lights will light. The power will flow back on the ground to the battery.

With this set up when in reverse or aux is on the lights will turn on..

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whtrapta, I haven't ran it yet. I am working to make the front connections using Ironman's video and wiring diagram.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will move some wiring around and connect aux 4. If the stock reverse lights come on too, so be it. Hopefully they wont.
dataustin- can you tell me exactly how you ran your wiring from the passenger footwell to the rear bumper?

'rap,
Your wire is going to terminate under the hood, not in the footwell. You only connect your wires in the footwell to the passthrough wires. Once that is done than you connect your wire, that you have come forward with form your lights, to the wires under the hood, the ones you have dedicated AUX 4 to. I took mine from the frame up the firewall and then to the R/F inner fender. Make sense?

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Wired it. After blowing 4 10amp fuses without knowing why, I figured it out. The bulbs I have in my backup lights are really high power and they are over drawing from aux 4 and blowing the fuse. tomorrow I will switch it over to aux 3 and everything should be fixed.

blackknight87

Reaction score
Im just wiring mine to a switch so they dont come on in the daytime. ill just flip a switch at night when i need them.