How to drive a Raptor..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldnt find a thread about how to drive a Raptor in which mod and conditions...

Any experts want to give some details plz?

rain

sand

mud

gravel

dirt road

snow

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my suggestion would probably not be good due to racing history.
however i think it would depend on how severe the conditions are

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
17 years of off road. 2 years as a driving instructor.
rain- leave everything on

sand- 4wd or 2wd depending on size. ORM, trac all the way off (push and hold) diff locked.

mud- dont have a lot of mud time in this truck. The traction control is active and puts the power where it needs to go so probably only 1 push.

gravel/dirt road- ORM push and hold trac 2wd

snow- LEAVE EVERYTHING ON. Trac saved me so many times in the winter! It will brake one side if you start to get pulled into a drift on the freeway. It actually got to the point to where it cut power and applied the brakes and slowed me to below 35mph on its own to keep me on the road. my foot never touched the brakes.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude you started driving when you were 4?

Probably. I started around 6. Of course that's just quads, not cars. Although I did start driving our old jeep around the deer lease when I was 12. Learned to drive in that thing, 79 CJ5

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i couldnt drive until i was 18. i moved out of my parents house when i was 15 and they wouldnt sign for my license. so as soon as i turned 18 i enrolled in racing school.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whtrapta has it down but I would say time behind the wheel in each of those conditions will give you the best knowledge of what works for you and how to handle the truck correctly.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I just turn off trac control every time I get behind the wheel and use m to shift. Never use off road mode, and either run 4hi or 4lo depending on conditions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD