How to adjust bumper for Rigid D2 Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTT.

I'm getting ready to install 2 sets of D2's in the foglamp openings.

What Aux switches should I use? 1-2-3 or 4? Or can I just run all 4 to one switch?

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had two floods on one switch, and the two spots on another switch. I now have all four lights running on switch #2. Just make sure your fuse is large enough to handle all four lights. This setup gives you three open switches for other aux items.

Aux #3 and #4 have lighter gauge pass thru wires, so maybe use one of those. I picked the closest switches for the lights I use most, but it's up to you.

Good luck!

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the install last night...for 4 hours. It didn't go so well. :emotions122:

I did try adjusting the bumper a few hundred times and couldn't get it.
I have installed a TON of lighting, bumpers, a couple fo lifts, etc on all of my past rigs. I expect to have little things to get around here and there, but for life of me, I could not get these to fit. Either the Rigid bracket would hang down and you would see them in the bumper OR the bumper would hit the Rigid mounting brackets or the Dually brackets.

I'll try it again this weekend. If I can't get them mounted up on the next try, I may just sell these and put the 40" in the grill.

There are the D2 Dually wide, D2 Dually Drive...not that is should matter.

Has anyone cut these brackets down or drill out new holes where the Duallys mount? I may have to do both?

Does it matter which way you mount the Dually bracket on the light? ....afterthought this morning.

Last edited:

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the install last night...for 4 hours. It didn't go so well. :emotions122:

I did try adjusting the bumper a few hundred times and couldn't get it.
I have installed a TON of lighting, bumpers, a couple fo lifts, etc on all of my past rigs. I expect to have little things to get around here and there, but for life of me, I could not get these to fit. Either the Rigid bracket would hang down and you would see them in the bumper OR the bumper would hit the Rigid mounting brackets or the Dually brackets.

I'll try it again this weekend. If I can't get them mounted up on the next try, I may just sell these and put the 40" in the grill.

There are the D2 Dually wide, D2 Dually Drive...not that is should matter.

Has anyone cut these brackets down or drill out new holes where the Duallys mount? I may have to do both?

Does it matter which way you mount the Dually bracket on the light? ....afterthought this morning.

I had the same issues you had before I loosened the bumper. if you loosen it just enough it will give you the ability to move it a little at a time. I did drill another hole for the outside lights just behind the original hole because I couldn't get it figured out at first. But I ended up not needing it.

Just make sure the bracket is flush with the frame in the back then get the bumper so that it still has some drag when you move it, everything will come together. it also helps if you put the lights on first then mount the bracket then adjust the bumper around the lights.

hope that helps, good luck.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct, there is no need to drill other holes. The bracket will line up with the frame if placed correctly. The bumper needs to be lowered just enough to allow the bracket to hide behind the opening for the fog lights. But not too low that it hits the lights.

I thought it was impossible for the first few hours!! Moving the bumper should resolve everything.

MTGOAT is right on the money about keeping some drag on the bumper. You should be able to move it with a little force, and it should stay were you moved it. Then when all is right, tighten the bolts. NOTE: Adjust the bumper one side at a time!

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys all of the photos are looking awesome. Glad to see you got it figured out. Its great to see everyone on the forum helping each other out.

As for quality control we thrive to have the best customer service and i appreciate you bringing it to my attention. If there's any problem any of you have please don't hesitate to contact me or making a call to the office. A few things get by the assembly & packaging line. We are working on a daily basis to make sure this never happens.

Thank you to all of you for choosing Rigid Industries for all of your LED Lighting needs. And purchasing a product made here in the USA by Americans.

UPDATE ON THIS THREAD:

I now own 4 (Duallys in ADD Bumper), 1 (20" in ADD Bumper), 1 (40" in ADD Bumper), 1 (50" Roof Mount), 2 (Marine Duallys in ADD Rear Bumper).

A few weeks ago my 40" started flickering and I found moisture inside the lens. Rigid gave me an RMA number and I shipped it off to their warranty department. A couple of weeks later I received my 40" rebuilt with new internals at no charge. This kind of product support is what I expect for a top of the line, expensive product. They will continue to be my lighting vendor and I will continue to recommend them to my friends.

Thanks Rigid!!

Budguzler

Reaction score
Great info on the bumper adj,will def need to do this.So..today I decided to mount my D2 x 4 ,did every thing by the book but I seem to have a dead plug.( one of four ). Has any one seen this before ? I plugged in a working light but no joy. And yes I did f$$k around with all the connections.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hard to say what's wrong. Sounds like you tested what you should test. Assume you made sure the plug was completely seated, you have it ground properly, etc. The combined wire harness usually comes pre-made for the 4 fogs - is that how you purchased it?

When you say you f&)$ around with all the connections, did you undo the wiring harness and check that everything was spliced correctly? It could be a bad plug. You could cut off the plug with enough wire left on to splice it back together. Then run the plug directly off the battery to see if it works. Worst case is that you cut off the harness plug and the light plug and connect them directly. Use butt connectors with male/female quick release, then waterproof the splice, or solder them together and waterproof for a more permanent connection.

Rigid will probably replace your wiring harness if it's defective.

Budguzler

Reaction score
Yeah....So..I retraced all the wiring (totally sober this time ..LOL ) and couldn't find anything wrong.It's either the plug it self or may be a cold solder joint? I sent a Pm to James from Alt offroad .

Budguzler

Reaction score
The mystery has been solved.Take a look @ the red/black plugs,one hanging low is correct the other not .I guess this is what you get from minimum wage.:bs:

Attachments

• ******.jpg
    ******.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 58