GEN 2 High pitch whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon T

Reaction score
Hi all, I have 2018 Raptor, truck has been great. I have 86,000 miles on it and bought the truck new. About a week ago I started hearing a high pitch whine. It’s most noticeable when accelerating and slowing down. I have also noticed my high speed radiator fan is on a lot more then I can remember. Any insight would be much appreciated. I love the forum thank you.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hi all, I have 2018 Raptor, truck has been great. I have 86,000 miles on it and bought the truck new. About a week ago I started hearing a high pitch whine. It’s most noticeable when accelerating and slowing down. I have also noticed my high speed radiator fan is on a lot more then I can remember. Any insight would be much appreciated. I love the forum thank you.
One easy thing is to grab the rear diff yoke and see if it wiggles or seems to have excessive play.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have phasers been done? May be your fan issue with engine running warmer than before, I had a sticky thermostat that is common after they pull apart the cooling system.

ChadG

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out. You are describing exactly what I am experiencing. 2018 just started making the noise at 85,000 miles. For me it is a whine that changes pitch depending on the speed and really noticeable coming to a stop. No change between shifting gears, same sound in 4A. Has it gotten any worse for you? Thanks!