High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m about to hit 5k anyday now. Still no problems at all even at this high mileage

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Trying not to get to many miles because I want good value when trade it in on the 7.0 v8 raptor in a year an half

mpbowyer

Reaction score
going to hit 100k before the end of January. Anything I need to worry about? Any benefit to swapping trans fluid early?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
going to hit 100k before the end of January. Anything I need to worry about? Any benefit to swapping trans fluid early?

I’m in same boat. Last month had to put new wheel bearings and axle seals. Now the pinion bearing has gone bad in rear diff so that’s coming apart next week for a rebuild. While I am changing fluid in both diffs, transfer case, and trans. Also flushing radiator, brake, and power steering fluid. Changing spark plugs and changing belt and tensioner as well. Should be a new truck for another 100k. Already did shock rebuilt at 90k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mpbowyer

Reaction score
I’m in same boat. Last month had to put new wheel bearings and axle seals. Now the pinion bearing has gone bad in rear diff so that’s coming apart next week for a rebuild. While I am changing fluid in both diffs, transfer case, and trans. Also flushing radiator, brake, and power steering fluid. Changing spark plugs and changing belt and tensioner as well. Should be a new truck for another 100k. Already did shock rebuilt at 90k.

Don't be intimidated by the spark plugs, they're not as hard as I thought they would be after reading too much.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Don't be intimidated by the spark plugs, they're not as hard as I thought they would be after reading too much.

It doesn’t look like they are too bad. Autozone had to order 8 more NGK Iridiums for me. I think I will not change the wires. Remarkably Autozone doesn’t have any wires for the truck either.

D

Deleted member 17706

I would flush the transmission. All fluids break down after years of use, so it is good insurance. Especially, if you are going to keep the vehicle for a while.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Are you going to flush the power steering fluid? Or are you going to pump it out with a hand pump?

I need to do mine, so I have been contemplating what method to use.

Good work staying on top of your maintenance!

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flush it definitely, mine broke apart before 100k and caused my transmission to mess up, it's worth the money either way as a proactive measure. Also if you wait too long you might as well not do it!

Other than that there are many other small preventative maintenance items that can be taken care of around 100k miles

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask folks to add if the repairs were all covered under warranty or an extended warrenty? I am getting 2018 in 3 months, its on order.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask folks to add if the repairs were all covered under warranty or an extended warrenty? I am getting 2018 in 3 months, its on order.
When warranties are involved it can vary dealer to dealer honestly. But the main idea behind it all is if it's a wearable item that is supposed to degrade overtime then it usually isn't covered. By that I mean brakes, suspension stuff that wears with use. Not so much engine and transmission.

Although my Ford dealer stiffed me on a warranty transmission repair most won't.

Good luck on the '18 I've enjoyed my '13 and '18.

But yeah totally if people want to post what is/is not covered by warranty that adds a new aspect to the thread, good thinking!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That works as I am considering buying the extended warranty, but I do notice very little high tech stuff, like computers breaking, which is good.