Help with horrible steering noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
After 84K miles, with 37" BFG Projects, and many offroad miles, my rack finally went out......

The best deal I found for a new OEM.....

$351.00 from buyautoparts.com out of San Diego

$150.00 Core if you choose, my plan is to rebuild my stock unit for a spare.

There are different models for the Scab and Screw.

Looks like those are reman'd as well?

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The price on the steering rack is really coming down. @Hole Shot

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

There cheap if you buy the 135" scab wheel base and easy to come by. I think orileys sells them around $250 with core. If you want a 145" wheel base screw I have not seen them under $750 with core. If they have been priced less than that when you call to order there not available. Cardone charges $250 to rebuild. If I'm wrong prove it!!!!

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
There cheap if you buy the 135" scab wheel base and easy to come by. I think orileys sells them around $250 with core. If you want a 145" wheel base screw I have not seen them under $750 with core. If they have been priced less than that when you call to order there not available. Cardone charges $250 to rebuild. If I'm wrong prove it!!!!

And once again, SCAB wins!:ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

So after a little research, the 2010's racks are about a third of what subsequent years cost, whether Scab or Screw:gasp:

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford sells a new style 144" wheel base rack take the D off the end of the old part number and add an F but your gonna pay big $$$$$ that's what was in my truck when I drove it through the trees and didn't get to test it thoroughly. It had about 1400 miles on it. One way trip to the scrapyard. BTW @Yukon Joe I'm tired of people telling me the rack I had for sale was overpriced. Like really tired of it!!! But the funny thing is no one has shown me they have found them any cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford sells a new style 144" wheel base rack take the D off the end of the old part number and add an F but your gonna pay big $$$$$ that's what was in my truck when I drove it through the trees and didn't get to test it thoroughly. It had about 1400 miles on it. One way trip to the scrapyard. BTW @Yukon Joe I'm tired of people telling me the rack I had for sale was overpriced. Like really tired of it!!! But the funny thing is no one has shown me they have found them any cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what you're saying is don't do what you did

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke