HELP! w/Aux switches and wiring Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found these to be nothing but a pain in the ass, for the life of me I cannot see the wisdom in Ford's thinking here. I mean, why not just have them already connected?
I was only able to mount my rear Duallys last weekend, due to technical difficulties with my front light scenario, but I went ahead and connected all of them for future use and said good ridence to that debacle.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found these to be nothing but a pain in the ass, for the life of me I cannot see the wisdom in Ford's thinking here. I mean, why not just have them already connected?
I was only able to mount my rear Duallys last weekend, due to technical difficulties with my front light scenario, but I went ahead and connected all of them for future use and said good ridence to that debacle.

I understand why they didn't but they should have connected atleast two. They left them unconnected if you wanted to hook up sweet neons inside of your truck.

Come on now.

They should have made a quick connect though.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass to solder those wires. Now I see why people are complaining that Ford should have used about 6" more wire. Wires are easy to find, stripping was not too bad. Soldering was a royal pain in the ass.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neons ...Lol, why didn't I think of that.

Solder!?
I went butt connectors, still took an act of congress, a spider monkey and a thesaurus as I was running out of profanities.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Neons ...Lol, why didn't I think of that.

Solder!?
I went butt connectors, still took an act of congress, a spider monkey and a thesaurus as I was running out of profanities.

I soldered and did the shrink tube and tried to make it look as professional as possible.
No electric tape. Gotta have things looking sweet, even if it's not in plain sight.:)

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I soldered and did the shrink tube and tried to make it look as professional as possible.
No electric tape. Gotta have things looking sweet, even if it's not in plain sight.:)

True Dat Homie.

What area did you use for your grounding point?

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No ghetto tape here, deffinately shrink tubed those beotches. I used the same ground you point you did.
I've had trouble with soldered wires breaking just before or after the solder junction in the past. A guy told me the heat from the solder gun/solder makes the copper wire at these two points brittle from said heat.
That being said it is a major move to get the striper/crimper into that location.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were really easy to grab. Could have soldered the connections, but I have never had any issues with these quick connects. I just did the two for now, but I think I am going to hook up some reverse lights as well so I may do one more.

237019350_photobucket_48363_.jpg
237019350_photobucket_48364_.jpg
237019350_photobucket_48365_.jpg

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soldering these together are an absolute PAIN IN THE ASS!

I got two done. Working on my third and the Violet with Green Trace is about 1" shorter than the rest and cannot hang on to it.

Had to take a brake. I'm out there cursing up a storm! (My wife runs a daycare and has 8 kids here. I need to be careful!!!

Going back out... Wish me well!