Help Me Trouble Shoot: Cupped Tires and Front End Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gen 1 did this but did not have the tire wear issue. My gen 2 has never done this but had tire noise to the original kos having bubbles on the back tires. I did notice that the tire dealer I went too is about the best in the business. Ford eveidentally from the factory counter weights each opposite wheel with a negative balance. Don't know why this was done on my truck from the factory but I could see uneven wear being an issue if not rotated. They balance the tires perfect and road noise and wear has been addressed. My suggestion would be to find a great tire dealer and let them take a look at it.

Last edited:

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I talked to my buddies down at FP. They said on their development trucks they really never get that many miles on a set of tires before they are beat up from being off road and the few trucks they have had at higher mileage they did notice some wear. Suggested adjusting camber. The factory spec is goes up to +.25. Mines been set at -.50, so maybe adjust to even or a little positive. Not sure how that affects handling overall without driving it that way.