Help me choose between two Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The tailgate step is probably the best bang for the buck option on the truck!

My Rap has the moonroof too and I wasn’t looking for it, but ended up with it. Expensive, but it is what it is.

The Torsen can be a nice add if you do any serious off roading. if you do casual off roading, you probably won’t need it.

You haven’t really given us enough info as in how you intend to use the truck, but if it were me, regardless of color I’d go for the 59k truck because although I don’t go off road a lot, once in a while I do and try to make it worthwhile. No, I’ve never been in the Rap where I needed the Torsen as opposed to it was nice to have it, but for me it’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

If you’re just going to pose and hit up starbucks, white one is fine. Casual off roading, white one is fine. Heck, even what most “normal” people would call serious off roading the white one will handle nicely. The lead foot one will hold value a little more due to the extra options, but it’s not a lot of difference down the road.

Ask yourself which one better fits your use case and that will lead you to the best answer for you.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a better deal. Shop across the nation, people are getting invoice deals! If you are patient you will win. If you are street queening it, no need for torsen, if you care anything about offroading, get the one with the Torsen.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get a better deal. Shop across the nation, people are getting invoice deals! If you are patient you will win. If you are street queening it, no need for torsen, if you care anything about offroading, get the one with the Torsen.

I heard $3000-4000 below invoice is now the norm.

coder

Reaction score
If you're looking for the best deal, go with the white one. You'll probably end up making money when you go to trade it in. Otherwise go with what you like best in terms of color and options. Personally, I'm not a fan of moonroofs. I've had some issues in the past with leakage and also seen several panoramic Ford ones break. Torsion front diff is nice for offroading and I think I can feel a difference after driving a Raptor with and without one in the sand but I didn't get stuck with either so you may not need it. The little stuff like trailer brake and tailgate step wouldn't be enough to swing me either way.
Also looking at resale value, the 802a are not keeping their 7k difference from the 801a. Most of the people in the real world buying raptors aren't like the people on this forum. A used 801a sold for 1k under sticker while a similar year and mileage 802a went for 4k under sticker at the same dealership according to a salesperson there. New sticker was about 8k difference. But if you're using all the extra features then price doesn't matter as much.
x2...