Help ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can quickly use lacquer thinner and them rub with a polishing glaze to recondition. This will not hurt the paint. The paint is too far cured for thinner to eat away at it in a short time. And DON'T use brake fluid.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pre-soak that with WD-40, clean and then use a clay bar kit.... that should take it off and won't screw up your paint.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've (completely unintentionally) discovered brake fluid does a great job of taking off paint used to cover the areas of your scuffed up undercarriage. However, I wouldn't recommend it.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake fluid is way too aggressive. Brake cleaner and Carb cleaner work great on fully cured paint for mistakes.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I was gonna say carb cleaner. it's basically acetone though and that will f*** shit up if you're not careful.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always used EZ-OFF oven cleaner to remove pin strips and over spray , never had a problem with fully cured clear coat being harmed,

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polishing compound and elbow grease. If you use Brake Fluid, you will likely end up with this ....

Attachments

• brake_fluid_03.jpg
    brake_fluid_03.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 51