Hellwig Rear Sway Bar PN 7724

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just depends on where you live, and how you drive your truck, and what your goals are.

I have 3.0s on all corners and noticed a significant improvement in handling.

Off-road does not mean hitting 2 foot holes and jumping the truck, different tools for different jobs

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it, you're doing mostly street driving and it is biased towards that.
I was just putting the data point out there that sway bars will 100% impact offroad performance negatively. And the same on road performance as a front and rear sway bar is achievable with better shocks, which do not negatively effect offroad performance, but enhance it.
Upgraded shocks>sway bars, on and offroad. The only place sway bars work better is on the pocket book. But if you're doing mostly on road driving it makes sense from a financial standpoint.
And yes, I have experienced the rear sway bar... Have you tried better shocks ?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again It's not about the money. It's about what I need.

And yes I've done the whole suspension upgrades on my past two 4x4s.
It's OK, I take it like, keeping my full stock exhaust, when I feel the need to throw money at both upgrades, I'll do it.
And I have my list for both totaling almost $30,000, when I do it, I will go all the way.
I'll break the $100,000 mark at a good clip, on what I've spent on my Raptor. (including the truck of course)
And that's not even with new shoes and my Brembo brakes I want. Then 37s and gearing and lights and on and on............LOL

For my situation I don't need these at the moment.

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again It's not about the money. It's about what I need.

And yes I've done the whole suspension upgrades on my past two 4x4s.
It's OK, I take it like, keeping my full stock exhaust, when I feel the need to throw money at both upgrades, I'll do it.
And I have my list for both totaling almost $30,000, when I do it, I will go all the way.
I'll break the $100,000 mark at a good clip, on what I've spent on my Raptor. (including the truck of course)
And that's not even with new shoes and my Brembo brakes I want. Then 37s and gearing and lights and on and on............LOL

For my situation I don't need these at the moment.

And that's cool, please don't take it as a personal attack, I'm in no way judging what you do with your truck.
As I mentioned, it was just a data point for those potentially looking at going with the rear sway bar.

On a side note, I just broke the six figure mark yesterday on the rappy. Said I wasn't going to do this again to another vehicle. About the worst investment one can make, oops :ROFLJest:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No foul no harm I'm good! It's a forum, open discussions is how we learn things we never thought of.
I should have bought two Raptors right away one for DD and one the build.

And here's my question ntm, sorry for hijacking MTUH3

How much did you (ntm) have to increase the damping of the fronts to compensate for no front sway bar.
I should say, ""before you did those very nice front mods!!!""
Because this is the dilemma I have, NYC potholes are relentless and brutal!!!
So far in five years everything is still nice and quite in the cab, no rattles.
And I understand you can make these shocks as soft or as hard as you want,
but how do you compensate for no sway bars, and diving (and I mean diving) into corners hard (on pavement) and still keep the front nice and soft?

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Came home early and had to try out my new floor jack and stands. LOL

So the updated Links are in and set to hardest setting, I'll see if I feel a difference before the Rogue Racing Traction Bars go in.

IMG_20150914_144349_162.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture, I need a new phone, I've dropped this one to many times now, it just won't focus sharp anymore.

P.S. I have the link threaded in 1 1/8" in case anyone is curious.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Came home early and had to try out my new floor jack and stands. LOL

So the updated Links are in and set to hardest setting, I see if I feel a difference before the Rogue Racing Traction Bars go in.

View attachment 68335

Sorry for the bad picture, I need a new phone, I drop this one to many times now, it just won't focus anymore.

P.S. I have the link threaded in 1 1/8" in case anyone is curious.

There's hardly any rust under there. Do you drive your truck in the winter or park it?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a DD, I just hose down the truck as much as possible when I get home in the winter.
Hose is in the garage. all I need to do is pull about 20 feet out with the fireman nozzle I have.
I hit underneath more often than the truck itself, I've frozen my doors and windows too many times. LOL

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well listen, it's a street king. I haven't had it off-road yet to sand blast the very light coating of paint Ford somewhat sprays around under there.
Also I guess all the oil and whatever is on the roads is lubricating everything a little. LOL
But I am seeing rust on the bottom of the bed, right at the edges of the cross members and the edges of the spot welded sheet metal supports.
Going to have deal with that soon.
You should see my engine bay, I just sprayed it down with 1 1/2 gallons 100% strength Simple Green using a hand pump deck sprayer.
I got in every nook and cranny and let it soak for 15 minutes. I then used the hose on fan spray and rinsed for a good 1/2 hour.
Looks better than when got it five years ago.

Last edited: