Heavy Console Lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
because they will replace the worn spring with the same part.
So, they're actually too inept or don't care enough to check if it's fixed or if they replaced a bad part with another bad part? Some owners do say that their consoles work properly, so I'm assuming this isn't an issue that is simply a part of the design, but rather a defect that affects a large number of consoles, but not enough to have a TSB and certainly not a recall. with 3,500 miles on the truck and having owned it for all of a few weeks, I have to try to get Ford to put a spring with the proper tension in there. I have to believe that's possible. If it weren't going in for the exhaust rattle maybe I wouldn't mess with it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The service department isn’t allowed to freelance, they can only replace the factory part with a Ford authorized replacement. it’s the same with the ’17-’18 trucks with the plastic oil pan. Until or unless Ford decides on a better part, that’s what the service department is able to do.

Reaction score
The service department isn’t allowed to freelance, they can only replace the factory part with a Ford authorized replacement. it’s the same with the ’17-’18 trucks with the plastic oil pan. Until or unless Ford decides on a better part, that’s what the service department is able to do.
I don't want them to create a new part or anything. This console hinge is defective. I expect them to replace it with one that isn't.

Reaction score
Yeah!

Let's ask for their manager!
I already made fun of myself for this, but thanks.

It's amazing how many people just love accepting incompetence and ******** quality these days because how dare you be so audacious as to at least ASK to get what you paid for? You guys let the waiter spit in your food and just eat it, too? What happened to the grumpy old guys who cared about details? Seems like a bunch of kids who only care if it "looks cool." I do want more and I'm not apologizing.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smash your finger with a hammer then go in for a repair and compensation. Then we all get new HD springs.
Yup. If it becomes a safety issue it has a chance for a recall. If your children get their fingers smashed because the lid fell down, call ford and complain.