Headers + Starter Heat Shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSpartan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas,
So I got my SW headers on and I'm concerned with how close they come to the started. I bought insulating boots for the spark plugs but wanted to see if anyone that has headers has done something to protect the starter from heat.

I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fellas,
So I got my SW headers on and I'm concerned with how close they come to the started. I bought insulating boots for the spark plugs but wanted to see if anyone that has headers has done something to protect the starter from heat.

I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Honestly if you are running anything other than the stock cat back you have no worries since this will reduce the underhood heat... The stock system stores a lot more heat than the aftermarkets...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are worried that its too close you could wrap the header and put a heat shield on the starter.
010402_Versa_Shield.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorSpartan

RaptorSpartan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over 8,000 miles on mine no problems how you like them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-IvWxsp0E&feature=player_detailpage

Overall they are very high quality and fit well. I did all the install myself with some help from a friend and it was a PITA.... but that makes it even more worth it. It sounds like it should..... like a fire brething monster.... but it is really really loud... It can get old on the highway. I painted from the muffler back a flat black ceramic header paint since I am trying to eliminate all chrome and the tips are not removable so I couldn't powdercoat them alone.

Did you guys go back and tighten up the header bolts? I'm concerned about them coming loose over time as header bolts tend to do.

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if i can get some not so loud headers with the same results as the SW headers please?