header comparison question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious why stainless works is the overwhelming choice on the forum for LT headers. There are some pretty reputable names that make headers for the truck, Kooks, Borla, American Racing, etc. that you (or at least me) don't hear much about. Is it a cost thing, a quality thing or a performance thing. I have no preference either way, just curious.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I made my decision based on videos of other members. Being that the majority of members with headers have SW that is what I knew had a good reputation. No complaints from many people so people feel safe buying them. I didn't even look at the specs on the other brands.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From a dealer perspective it always comes down to price. Not just price, but value. All 3 offer premium header and exhaust brands. Stainless Works has done a tremendous job marketing their product (if you will notice they are the only manufacturer of the 3 who sponsor this forum), and they offer a product with equal or better material and build quality with a lower price to the customer. Each of them have different ways of doing things, so it's not to say one or more of them are overpriced, but again overall value seems to be important to the Raptor owners we have talked to.

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love all three brands

personally i went with kooks because of their cats, they dont set off the CEL

marylandspeed

Banned
Reaction score
We sell Kooks and SW and both are great brands we have very large accounts with. Each one has it's own pros can cons. SW is a more flexible design, slight cheaper, and works with a number of their catbackd esigns. Kooks is slighty higher quality (less pieces, ball and socket connectors), and has green cats available that do not throw CEL's.

One thing that is important to do is call the place you are going to buy from. Vendors have minimum advertised price polices, and our prices are better on the phone than the site.

If anyone has more questions, call us @ 443-730-9428!