Hard water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only wash when it's cool out of the sun, in the evening or early am is the best time. Spend a weekend when you have the time to clay it, seal it and a good wax. I always get the water off with a water blade, and the blow dry. Then all you have to do is touch up with detal spray (Adams is great) and a good quality micro fiber towel. You should have no water spots.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the Adams soap you leave it on wash the hole truck then do a fast over then rinse and dry works for me I always e give it a little detail spray I've learned less is more with that.

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Adams soap you leave it on wash the hole truck then do a fast over then rinse and dry works for me I always e give it a little detail spray I've learned less is more with that.

this ^ - the adams ph neutral soap helps with the hard water spots, but the application of their detail spray while the truck is still soaking wet makes a huge difference as well. we have extremely hard water here in tucson, but since switching to the adams products its never been an issue, as long as i follow the steps properly. Pretty much have to since my driveway/garage face due west so unless i wash before about 10 am or after dark im in direct sunlight.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's weird but the Adams product actually make it fun washing. The more I use it the easer it is to clean. They, have lots of great video to show you how.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The biggest thing is when you wash. If the sun is beating down and you can't dry it fast enough you're screwed.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

this ^ - the adams ph neutral soap helps with the hard water spots, but the application of their detail spray while the truck is still soaking wet makes a huge difference as well. we have extremely hard water here in tucson, but since switching to the adams products its never been an issue, as long as i follow the steps properly. Pretty much have to since my driveway/garage face due west so unless i wash before about 10 am or after dark im in direct sunlight.

BINGO!!!

Our Car Wash Shampoo is pH neutral, so even if it begins to dry on the surface, it will still rinse off along with all of the dissolved minerals that cause the water spots.

To go one step further, use our Detail Spray as a drying agent and that will help even more.

Also, we are currently in the final stages of testing an inline water filter....

:)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I never thought much of Detail Sprays but I can tell you that Adam's Detail Spray is absolutely fantastic. I haven't been able to detail and wax my truck yet and it is currently running with only Detail Spray as it's sole protectant. And even after multiple rain storms and driving in the rain for over an hour, water is STILL beading! This is such a solid product and I use it every time I finish washing the vehicle and use it to aid with drying.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use a shami to dry off my truck. Works the best for me. Otherwise it would take about 5 towels to dry it off. If that doesn't work, I use a water blade to get the big stuff first then I go over it again with the shami.

LD50

Reaction score
At the end of the wash, run a stream of water over the entire truck. The sheeting effect of the running water will pull most of the water off of the truck. If you have a good protectant that beads well, leaving it that way makes it much more difficult to dry. By running water over mine, I can usually finish drying with one large waffle weave microfiber and usually only have to wring it out once or twice.