h&m racing design ford raptor long travel kit (clean post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do have and have been playing with raptor parts on my 2wd for a few years now..
the whole front control arm and strut assembly is 1'' higher on the frame than 4x4. BUT the distance between the upper and lower mount points are the same distance…..thats why you can use the 2wd upright. Also the 2wd mounts are roughly 1'' closer to center per side. i have raptor rear axle and with my control arms all the way out on the pocket slots it was still .75'' narrower than rear. i have spacers to compensate (not ideal)

so with my logic and not ever seeing your kit i would guess the 2wd upright w 2wd bearing would work for you…..as you confirmed

you should go muzzula and sell me ur brethel kit as I've been looking for a marked down one for awhile….lol

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

i talked to mazzulla and they had a few concerns with their kit on my 2wd……they thought a shorter upright would be all i needed but don't have the time to look into it i guess….. their uca mount height def look closer to the frame than mine……i know it would work on my truck but how much would the change in geometry affect me……to much money to find out…..

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11 2wd stx 5.0 std cab.....it's a mini raptor now and the 5.0 w that wheel base is a powerful truck imo

Weird, I measured one up when I was exploring changing to the 2wd uprights. It was identical in all dimensions other than the steering rack was 30mm lower.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, I measured one up when I was exploring changing to the 2wd uprights. It was identical in all dimensions other than the steering rack was 30mm lower.

I think bottom of frame to center of lca mount is 4" off frame rail and top is 5" 2wd. Where 4x4 is 5" bottom and 4" top......but all relative to each other beside that......I think the coilover bucket is the same height as my lca's are a steeper angle per same ride height.......

Ford engineered it so all parts are the same minus part numbers other than the frames.....as far as I understand

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey who of you guys were driving today at carlsbad camino real with a liquid silver ford raptor with long travel and RPG decals on the sides

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something about dollars and sense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk