Got stuck and had to be rescued

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone gets stuck, so don't sweat it. The information on this forum is invaluable, but it's nothing to compared to what you're going to learn from driving experience.

It looks like you got high centered. If you had the shorter wheel base of a SuperCab, you would have made it over. :) Sorry, I couldn't resist, but it just may be true.

Agreed (on all counts)

Yes... yes, we have!

eec1bff6.jpg

Blue - THAT is stuck! How long (and what did it take) to get you out?

OP: Very cool that you admit (1) you are new to off roading and (2) you got stuck. It takes balls to admit you got stuck and post a pic. Good for you as it helps others realize getting stuck off road is a way of life for everyone, at some point in time. (If you don't get stuck are you really off roading? :ROFLJest: )

Getting stuck is a learning experience and it's always fun to look back on the experience (especially when there's no damage done). Often times it offers a good laugh or two.

Checking out the terrain ahead is a good way to avoid getting stuck but as we all know that's not always possible. Driving into the unknown is fun and often leads to "new adventures."

Glad to see you're having some fun

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm a novice at driving off-road (learning more everyday thanks to this forum) but having to call in another truck to rescue my Raptor is especially embarrassing. I went on a "fun run" with a buddy of mine today and made a bad decision with poor execution to try to cross a high mound at an awful angle and got stuck. :Stupid Me:

After trying everything I knew to do in the middle of a snow covered field, I had to call in some of my neighbors to come help pull me out. After using my tow-strap for the first time and 3 hours later, we were able to get it out and back on solid ground.

Even with the unexpected recovery, it was great fun and I can chalk it up as a lesson learned. Haven't fully inspected the Raptor but don't think there is extensive damage and it was actually fun as we worked together to get it out.

Live and learn.

Sad sight right there. I HATE seeing a Dodge accomplishing anything.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a dodge and a raptor. So no worries if my dodge has to pull my raptor out someday. It's the best of both worlds: cummins for towing, raptor for fun.

OP
OP
goinsvt

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least it wasn't a Toyota or Nissan. Truth be told though - I didn't care what it was pulling me out. I just wanted to get out of there before it got dark and the snow picked up again. Of course, I'm going to hear the crap from my buddy about how his Dodge saved the day. I've invited him to go off-roading with me and he always declines. Says he's only had his truck in 4WD four or five times since he's had it.