Going on week 3 out of service.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo can do a Ford buyback which I just did on my 15 lariat which took a little over 2 months from start to payoff on my loan. However once you get a lawyer involved you will no longer be able to get any help from ford and will most likely take 18 months. They are helpful as log as you don't have a lawyer. Just call ford and tell them you have a lemon, they will look at your service history and send you a letter within a week or two with a decision. Good luck, do you have a rental car?

I've called Ford and it's already at Tier 2.....no help whatsoever.....technically it's not a lemon as they know the problem, they know the fix, they just have no parts with none in sight.....I do have an '18 F150 to use which I had to fight for after 2 weeks in being in a base Ford Escape.....not horrible but not something I want long term.....

Did you start a chat with ford performance? Are you talking to Ford Detroit or just your dealer?

If they arent at least making your truck payment its your fault. They paid mine for 21 days out of service.

I have advanced this well beyond my dealer.....Twitter @FordService and then on to Tier 2 with a regional manager.....that's as far as they'll take it.....all I get is "we're working on trying to get the part as fast as we can".....I don't have a payment.....I've asked for some sort of reimbursement but go nowhere....Having a rental and no payment leaves me kinda SOL on that part

Honestly all I want is my truck fixed in a speedy fashion....so far there is no end in sight and a lot of BS along the way....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First of all, regardless of why the vehicle isn’t repaired, if they are not able to fulfill the terms of the warranty, you at least have a claim or tort(?) against the manufacturer. It does not matter one bit that they know what the problem is, if they’re unable to complete the repair, that’s what matters.

Otherwise nobody would ever win a suit against an auto manufacturer. If you hole the block they could say - we know what it is, there’s an extra vent hole in the engine block. Great news, It will be fixed in a couple years.

Now, the fact that you have a loaner -does- have implications. It shows, at least at a legal level, that the manufacturer is going beyond what is required in the warranty terms. I realize this is frustrating, and I don’t mean to sound unsympathetic - I’m not. I am just trying point out that legally, you are not entitled to a loaner car, unless you paid for one via the extended warranty.

It is unfortunate that you’re in this position and it doesn’t reflect well on Ford.

The oil pan was replaced last year after original oil leak. This is a much bigger issue with oil leaking again from the pan and the engine itself. There are many ordered parts involved. I don’t have all the specifics as communication with the dealer and Ford Service has been terrible. The only real info I have from both is the parts are back ordered and not available with no ETA....

This is NOT the simple pan/ seal replacement fix

I would ask for the part numbers - all of them and start internet searching and cold calling dealers if it were me.

Good luck.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, regardless of why the vehicle isn’t repaired, if they are not able to fulfill the terms of the warranty, you at least have a claim or tort(?) against the manufacturer. It does not matter one bit that they know what the problem is, if they’re unable to complete the repair, that’s what matters.

Otherwise nobody would ever win a suit against an auto manufacturer. If you hole the block they could say - we know what it is, there’s an extra vent hole in the engine block. Great news, It will be fixed in a couple years.

Now, the fact that you have a loaner -does- have implications. It shows, at least at a legal level, that the manufacturer is going beyond what is required in the warranty terms. I realize this is frustrating, and I don’t mean to sound unsympathetic - I’m not. I am just trying point out that legally, you are not entitled to a loaner car, unless you paid for one via the extended warranty.

It is unfortunate that you’re in this position and it doesn’t reflect well on Ford.

I would ask for the part numbers - all of them and start internet searching and cold calling dealers if it were me.

Good luck.

Smurf....all of what you said makes sense.....and I know the loaner is a bonus as the warranty doesn't require one.....and really I'm not inconvenienced at all because I have a vehicle....just frustrating

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like you're in a doughnut hole as you're beyond lemon law/buyback with the mileage and ownership but still under the standard 3/36 year warranty.

The only suggestion I can make try to find out what exactly the issue is and what parts need to be replaced. I had a bad tranny, and Ford corporate initially authorized a rebuild, but not a replacement. Multiple ETA's for parts arrival were missed even after three weeks. At that point, I requested a new transmission rather than continuing the waiting game. A few days after the request, corporate agreed and a new tranny was delivered a week later. So is there a bigger piece of the puzzle that can be ordered that is more costly to Ford but is available?

I was thankful as well to get a low mileage F-150 loaner during the process but I know it get's old after a few weeks. Only thing that was a plus was that I kept about 2,000 miles off the odometer on my truck. =)

Good luck, keep us posted!

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like you're in a doughnut hole as you're beyond lemon law/buyback with the mileage and ownership but still under the standard 3/36 year warranty.

I was thankful as well to get a low mileage F-150 loaner during the process but I know it get's old after a few weeks. Only thing that was a plus was that I kept about 2,000 miles off the odometer on my truck. =)

Good luck, keep us posted!

Correct...Mass is one year or 15K miles, and I'm above both....I am driving the sh*t outta the loaner for sure.....maybe I'll drive it down to Fl just for the hell of it.....

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They offered me a maintenance plan up to 45k miles or a truck payment. I had to ask for something on their part then they offered. They dont just start out telling you what all they can do for you.

It sucks not having what you paid for and feeling like people arent doing all they can to help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc