Glitchy ventilated seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update for me with my passenger seat turning on the ac ventilation while using remote start and then turning off with the push of the start button once in the cab. I seem to have inadvertently fixed my passenger ac seat coming on with remote start. The catch is... I’m not exactly sure what did it. I’ll walk you through what I did which might be worth trying for anyone else seeing the same issue.

I have a few forscan changes made to my truck already and wanted to add another, delete the initial start up chimes. To do that, I had to upload the stock tune file (I have mpt prx91 installed). Once the stock file was uploaded, forscan would recognize the truck again and I could go in there and change the code for the start up chimes. When the chimes were confirmed gone, I uploaded my prx91 tune file again and went on my way.

Doing that seemed to cause the glitchy passenger ac seat to stop activating upon remote start. I can’t say if it was the tune file switching that did it or if it was the change in the forscan code. It’s only been a few days but I’ve used the remote start 4-5 times with no sign of it turning on. Either way, I’m happy with it. No glitchy seat and no annoying start up chimes.

Hopefully this will help some of you. At the very least it’ll give you something to try when the dealer gives you a generic non-helpful answer in response to the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
salts001

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update for me with my passenger seat turning on the ac ventilation while using remote start and then turning off with the push of the start button once in the cab. I seem to have inadvertently fixed my passenger ac seat coming on with remote start. The catch is... I’m not exactly sure what did it. I’ll walk you through what I did which might be worth trying for anyone else seeing the same issue.

I have a few forscan changes made to my truck already and wanted to add another, delete the initial start up chimes. To do that, I had to upload the stock tune file (I have mpt prx91 installed). Once the stock file was uploaded, forscan would recognize the truck again and I could go in there and change the code for the start up chimes. When the chimes were confirmed gone, I uploaded my prx91 tune file again and went on my way.

Doing that seemed to cause the glitchy passenger ac seat to stop activating upon remote start. I can’t say if it was the tune file switching that did it or if it was the change in the forscan code. It’s only been a few days but I’ve used the remote start 4-5 times with no sign of it turning on. Either way, I’m happy with it. No glitchy seat and no annoying start up chimes.

Hopefully this will help some of you. At the very least it’ll give you something to try when the dealer gives you a generic non-helpful answer in response to the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks for the walk through. I will have to give the start chime a try via forscan but will have to wait for the summer. Seems like the glitchiness only happens with ac only. So far heated feature works perfectly. So odd.