Giant motors ddl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimbo, with that one figure you have pointing at me, there are 3 pointing pointing back at yourself......get back to op's original question......you guys all clearly think there is only one way to do things.

IS THERE ANY ISSUE's W GIANT DDL KIT?

Other than you pay 4k to spec and buy all fasteners and to install all heims and uni's yourself?

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now you have time and you clearly have the smarts, stop showing us how big ur wallet is, but yet how good your fab skills are since they are worth so much money.

Oh, I don't think my fab skills would be worth nearly the amount of money I make at work. It's a hobby to me, nothing more. I indulge when I have spare time, when I don't, I have no problem supporting those who's chosen profession it happens to be.
And I do earn my money at work, most would consider me underpaid for what I do.
You do realize you are insulting at the same time those who make a living fabricating and those who might be their customers ? Just to make you feel better about yourself.
I'm all for DIY, but It in no way makes you better or worse than anyone else here.
So stop acting like a baby. Now might be a good time to wow us with pics of your rad fab skills so that we can end this with you feeling good, okay ?

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jimbo, with that one figure you have pointing at me, there are 3 pointing pointing back at yourself......get back to op's original question......you guys all clearly think there is only one way to do things.

IS THERE ANY ISSUE's W GIANT DDL KIT?

Other than you pay 4k to spec and buy all fasteners and to install all heims and uni's yourself?

Typically I try to stay out of these types of discussions, but as long time supporting vendor and being the capitalist pig that I am, I'm a bit put off by your comments to Nathan (NTM).

Your tone comes off as a bit condescending with overtures of superiority based on the fact you have the self proclaimed ability to build the components yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the DIY guy building their own parts, there is an absolute sense of self gratification that can be had from such achievements. What isn't cool is when the self proclaimed fab guru gives off a sense of superiority because they opted to do something them self, rather than pay for a part or kit that was already designed.

Let's take a look at your 4k theory to simply spec out fasteners, heims and uniballs. First, Nathan chose to go this route because he believed (I may be wrong on this) that components he purchased were well thought out and designed to be a plug and play application with marginal fab work required to achieve optimal results at a good cost vs. taking his valuable time to do the entire process of designing a link system himself.

When your looking at a 4 link, 3 link, or panhard style 2 link setup, much more goes into the kit than some simple components that anyone with a hole saw and welder can do themselves if they are just willing to give it the old college try. Within that 4K you seem to be discounting that the creator of the kit did their own testing and suspension geometry setup to figure out variables such as roll compliance, whether or not the shocks go into digressive valving, or the lower links placements natural effect on how the rear of the truck turns and drives in a straight line. For example was it setup to go really fast straight, or was is designed to allow the rear to turn better based on rear suspension geometry? There is much more that goes into a pre built and designed kit than some material or hardware as you are suggesting with your comment. For most companies, there is actual testing with countless hours that go into the final product. Which brings me to my next point.

What material is used? Are you having your plate work laser, water jetted or plasma'd out? If lasered, are you cutting with nitrogen? Are you using 4130 for material or something of less quality like mild steel? Third, are you heat treating your components, using top shelf heims and unballs with 4130 cups? Do you know the effect of shock placement on the lower links, or how to properly setup up a two piece drive shaft with carrier bearing to reduce plunge? What style **** is being used on axle side of the lower link? What size tubing are you using for the upper links? Are you plumbing the brakes yourself, designing the placement of the rear swaybar? Do you know the diameter needed for a rear swaybar and the effects that has on body roll? Are you designing simple lower link mounts off the axle or mounts that are so intricate that they take half a day to build? If so, then you know how expensive it truly is to build a link setup when done right. I suggest you build one yourself, show it off on here or at the numerous runs around the country and your points will be taken either serious or not based on your final product.

Anytime your talking any link kit, regardless if your doing it yourself or not, the dollars will add up quick, even if you cut cost on every step necessary to build a proper working setup. Anyone who has actually built one knows how expensive they get even when 100% of the work is being done by you.

I don't mean this to come off as rude, but building a bedcage for $80.00 is far different than designing an effective link setup that actually works, and doesn't give anyone the right to question anyones decision.

Unfortunately your comments to Nathan struck me as rude and condescending based on a personal decision made by him, with his own hard earned money and time. The only advice I ever give to people is this, never assume someones buying power based on your own, and never give off the perception that you are above somebody because you might have a skill they don't. Instead, add something substantial to the discussion that others can learn from, and benefit from. It's a life lesson that will serve you well going forward.

Jarrett

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to say I'm the best fab guy there is, but simply there are a thousands ways to do things right, wrong, or indifferent. I have an open mind. I know different setups work, I've seen them work. NTM most of the time can be an arrogant *****! I'm sure he's a good guy and nice in person as am I. I will and can attack people when they are jackasses. FACT: there are a ***** ton of fab shops that do sub par quality work and charge out the ass for it. Ill leave this forum again, as the people and the arrogance is simply sicking here. Sorry if I choose to fight arrogance with dickishness......but hey, that's why we live in the US of a........freedom