Gesiers & Deaver +3's on SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• BFG KO2.jpg
    BFG KO2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 22

rdsc

Reaction score
According to the BFG website, the 37x12.5R17 KO2 is 36.5" which is just under the size of most 37s. Not what I would call a TRUE 36.

Toyo MTs = 36.8
Toyo RTs = 36.8
Grabber X3s = 36.8
Nitto Trail Grappler = 36.85

The Toyo MT 315/70R18 is listed as a 36x13R18 and it is 35.7" tall, so that is closer to a true 36 than the KO2s.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire/bf-goodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko2

So assuming your numbers are correct. The Toyo M/T's are only 0.3" bigger then the KO2's... So why the fitment issues? Does that 0.3" really make the difference?

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
quote=murph145;1261911]exactly if you never off road and purely want it for looks then sure you can do it.

Off-roading good luck and be prepared to rip your fenders off lol[/quote]

I experienced this first hand even with a lift. We are now going with dealers at +2 with the lift. I am running 37’s on 20” wheels. Some rub in the front but replacing everything with RPG tie rods and control arms to fix the issue. The problem I had was on my rear. Tore off the flare on the passenger side and cut into the metal fender a little. Fixing it now then back Offroad. For everyone giv8ng me shit about lifting thank God I did since it would have been worse. Will try and get a pic of the damage. And yes my truck is for show but I do use it when needed. Like I tell my wife when she compla8ns about me tearing it up, “ Just money, will make more” personally I love see8ngbwhat this thing can do, and have been impressed so far.

Here is the result of not giving enough clearance.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSUUXxkJFjoZHWD63[

Last edited:

ICLOSEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the BFG website, the 37x12.5R17 KO2 is 36.5" which is just under the size of most 37s. Not what I would call a TRUE 36.

Toyo MTs = 36.8
Toyo RTs = 36.8
Grabber X3s = 36.8
Nitto Trail Grappler = 36.85

The Toyo MT 315/70R18 is listed as a 36x13R18 and it is 35.7" tall, so that is closer to a true 36 than the KO2s.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire/bf-goodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko2
Well I was close lol

come on man, really?
Yes really. I was off by.5 my bad

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

quote=murph145;1261911]exactly if you never off road and purely want it for looks then sure you can do it.

Off-roading good luck and be prepared to rip your fenders off lol

I experienced this first hand even with a lift. We are now going with dealers at +2 with the lift. I am running 37’s on 20” wheels. Some rub in the front but replacing everything with RPG tie rods and control arms to fix the issue. The problem I had was on my rear. Tore off the flare on the passenger side and cut into the metal fender a little. Fixing it now then back Offroad. For everyone giv8ng me shit about lifting thank God I did since it would have been worse. Will try and get a pic of the damage. And yes my truck is for show but I do use it when needed. Like I tell my wife when she compla8ns about me tearing it up, “ Just money, will make more” personally I love see8ngbwhat this thing can do, and have been impressed so far.

Here is the result of not giving enough clearance.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSUUXxkJFjoZHWD63[[/QUOTE]

You also have a huge offset! Time for bigger Fenders!

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

You also have a huge offset! Time for bigger Fenders![/QUOTE]

That is what we are working on now. Plus adding a couple of leafs to the rear. Sags bad when I have to carry a load plus need the height. Had water to the floor boards already.

ICLOSEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You also have a huge offset! Time for bigger Fenders![/QUOTE]

That is what we are working on now. Plus adding a couple of leafs to the rear. Sags bad when I have to carry a load plus need the height. Had water to the floor boards already.[/QUOTE]

No matter what people say about praticality I love the look of your truck! It will look very cool with some nice wide fenders to cover those wide wheels!

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You also have a huge offset! Time for bigger Fenders!

That is what we are working on now. Plus adding a couple of leafs to the rear. Sags bad when I have to carry a load plus need the height. Had water to the floor boards already.[/QUOTE]

No matter what people say about praticality I love the look of your truck! It will look very cool with some nice wide fenders to cover those wide wheels![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Still a few things left to do until we have it complete. Almost complete on the suspension, engine is done, and interior is still being worked.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So assuming your numbers are correct. The Toyo M/T's are only 0.3" bigger then the KO2's... So why the fitment issues? Does that 0.3" really make the difference?

Per the assumption comment, the tire MFG websites list their height and width specifications using a specific wheel width which is normally in the middle of their approved rim width values. For 12.5" wide tires, the measured rim width is typically 10" which I do not think most of us would use on a Raptor. This means tires on a 8.5" or 9" rim will be slightly taller than the values specified.