General Grabbers Chunking (minimal use)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have maybe 300 street miles on these and only a couple of times in anger off road.Today being the worse. I hit about 50 miles of high speed fire road sand/gravel mix with a good bit of drifting thrown in. These tires dissapoint obviously. They seem jsut too soft for this kind of use. But I was under the common impression that these tires were made for a rough fire road high speed desert tire. The back two are showing significant wear and chunking. I should have spent the extra cash on the indistructable Projects I think now.
dscn3106e.jpg

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That just kinda looks like bad cutting from the rocks. I'd keep driving on them and see if it was just the aggressive off roading that did it

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had the 35's for a year and put them in hard use about once or twice a month. Mine had some cuts an bruises, but they do hold up quite well! I still have them, but I switched to Baja Projects cause I made way for 37's and BFG projects are the best in my book. Lousy in the rain and snow though. But I'm in this for dirt. I don't think you have much to worry about.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that doesn't look too bad. My Grabbers held up ok despite heavy abuse but I've since switched back to BFG too.

If you're gonna be doing doughnuts and stuff in rocks, gravel, hard pack, etc. you're gonna go through some tires, especially in the rear (be sure to rotate often). That's just the nature of offroading, gotta pay to play.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You call that chunking? I had 3 new BFG's installed along with my spare for the Texas Raptor Run. Here's one of the rears immediately after that weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355153588.983913.jpg

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Cough* 37" BFG Baja T/A KR Project race tires *Cough*

1 hair size scratch on a rear knobby and the mold seam on the side wall is starting to wear (but its just a skinny ribbon thing). Also noticed my whitewall decals are not holding up too well. But they still had the new tire smell in my driveway when I got back home.

But thats after 100+ miles offroad this weekend on the raptor run. I was drifing hard core down bradshaw trail in 2wd going 70+ trying to wear the tires. Didnt happen. But these tires suck in the rain on freeway and snow/ice supposidly.