Gen2 Discussion for Gen1 Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing, that dealer is going to be walking bow legged, head ringing and shaking after I'm done with that test drive....
Then I'll wall over my Gen 1 Night Raptor, fire up my NA, V8, with true dual Stainless Works exhaust and blow his eyes right out of his sockets. I'll jump in and take off like a bat outta hell, whip it around at the corner and come flying back by with my train horns ablazin'

Yeah, that sounded pretty red neck when I go back and read it. Lol...

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Maybe we can have a gen1 group flyby following close behind!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm interested in it. Likely not until 18-19, in hopes of some form of V8, because it's just hard to swallow a cutting edge truck with a dinky V6.

From the looks department, interior is spot on. They've made the necessary changes and added a few more switches. I think we can all agree the hit the mark there. From the exterior, the front grill is growing on me, but the other body lines (fenders, bedsides, etc) just don't have the same pop like the Gen 1 did. Seems too tame, in my opinion. But on the flip side, this brings in a larger demographic for someone who just wants to say they bought a Raptor and never use it off-road. I'm sure there will be companies out there pushing the boundaries with the direct injected V6TT (AMS possibly), but from a maintenance perspective, we'll have to find out from @pirate air what the recommended interval will be for walnut shell blasting the carbon'd up valves. I'm also curious as to why the 10-speed vs. the 8-speed. One of the guys on the F150 forum had the shift points and parameters, and the 10-speed doesn't really get you much more than the 8-speed does, but since it is an unproven transmission, we won't know until they come out.

Overall, I think it will be a great truck. It will be better in the suspension department stock-for-stock.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the 6.2 has shown it has longevity in our trucks. Quite a few with 100k and no issues. I think it's safe to say that these engines are reliable and will get us 150-200k with little problems. Can we count on the twin-turbo V6 to do the same??? And what about in the desert? Are they going to be just as reliable? And yes the sound of a v8 does significantly add to the experience. As to the 10 speed, is this the same 10 speed they are working with gm on?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in it. Likely not until 18-19, in hopes of some form of V8, because it's just hard to swallow a cutting edge truck with a dinky V6.

From the looks department, interior is spot on. They've made the necessary changes and added a few more switches. I think we can all agree the hit the mark there. From the exterior, the front grill is growing on me, but the other body lines (fenders, bedsides, etc) just don't have the same pop like the Gen 1 did. Seems too tame, in my opinion. But on the flip side, this brings in a larger demographic for someone who just wants to say they bought a Raptor and never use it off-road. I'm sure there will be companies out there pushing the boundaries with the direct injected V6TT (AMS possibly), but from a maintenance perspective, we'll have to find out from @pirate air what the recommended interval will be for walnut shell blasting the carbon'd up valves. I'm also curious as to why the 10-speed vs. the 8-speed. One of the guys on the F150 forum had the shift points and parameters, and the 10-speed doesn't really get you much more than the 8-speed does, but since it is an unproven transmission, we won't know until they come out.

Overall, I think it will be a great truck. It will be better in the suspension department stock-for-stock.

The "maintenance" of the gen 2 EcoBoost is complex and not easily explained... You see, the gen 2 EcoBoost is a form of technology that has yet to be witnessed by mankind. I've been painstakingly researching Fords media page for hidden codes of truth by reading between the lines of talking points, and listening to the white noise in Jamal's Q&A interview with sophisticated instruments that allow me to hear messages planted in ultra high frequencies. I can tell you so far, the human race will no longer ask if aliens built Stonehenge, but instead ask- did aliens build the gen 2 EcoBoost? The gen 2 EcoBoost contains no mass, therefore making it free from the bounds of earths gravity. It is weightless. The "engine" structure sits in a fifth dimensional space making it unrecognizable to the human eye. What we see and interpret as a v6tt, is nothing more then a hologram. To understand how it works, we must first look in depth at the "terrain management" system. The terrain management system is more then just an algorithmic nannie shuffle board, it's a regulator for dark matter. This regulator is able to shrink or expand the voids in the fabric that divide the parallel universes. It's this parallel universe where the dark matter is created. Using quantum physics, we've been able to crack the universe identity and it breaks down to: p=Gen^2eb, which stands for: perfection=Gen 2 EcoBoost... The seven terrain modes, allow different rates of dark matter to enter the fifth dimension where the engine uses it to warp space time. It is then that our reality bends to the gen2 Raptor. The gen2 Raptor does not actually move about the earth, the earth moves about the gen2 Raptor. Do not mistake the exhaust note as a farting v6, as its actually the dark matter tearing thru the fabric dividing the universes.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
The "maintenance" of the gen 2 EcoBoost is complex and not easily explained... You see, the gen 2 EcoBoost is a form of technology that has yet to be witnessed by mankind. I've been painstakingly researching Fords media page for hidden codes of truth by reading between the lines of talking points, and listening to the white noise in Jamal's Q&A interview with sophisticated instruments that allow me to hear messages planted in ultra high frequencies. I can tell you so far, the human race will no longer ask if aliens built Stonehenge, but instead ask- did aliens build the gen 2 EcoBoost? The gen 2 EcoBoost contains no mass, therefore making it free from the bounds of earths gravity. It is weightless. The "engine" structure sits in a fifth dimensional space making it unrecognizable to the human eye. What we see and interpret as a v6tt, is nothing more then a hologram. To understand how it works, we must first look in depth at the "terrain management" system. The terrain management system is more then just an algorithmic nannie shuffle board, it's a regulator for dark matter. This regulator is able to shrink or expand the voids in the fabric that divide the parallel universes. It's this parallel universe where the dark matter is created. Using quantum physics, we've been able to crack the universe identity and it breaks down to: p=Gen^2eb, which stands for: perfection=Gen 2 EcoBoost... The seven terrain modes, allow different rates of dark matter to enter the fifth dimension where the engine uses it to warp space time. It is then that our reality bends to the gen2 Raptor. The gen2 Raptor does not actually move about the earth, the earth moves about the gen2 Raptor. Do not mistake the exhaust note as a farting v6, as its actually the dark matter tearing thru the fabric dividing the universes.

So basically you are saying with the Ecoboost, there is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the EcoBoost Zone.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to like the gen 2, i really do, especially at the rate i am putting miles on my gen 1. i keep waiting for it to grow on me but it just hasnt. i am not a big fan of the grill, but i like the idea of the bigger shocks and the lighter weight. i hear nothing but good things about the eco boost engine, but there is something about the 6.2 that is addicting. i love my gen 1 and i imagine in the end ill end up taking the money i would spend on a gen 2 and visit svc for a link suspension and a whipple

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically you are saying with the Ecoboost, there is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the EcoBoost Zone.

Yes! The area between perfection and perfection!

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

You're approaching p=Gen^2eb!

Status
Not open for further replies.