gen 3 bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SVC kit looks nice since it has adjustability. Had been leaning toward the FOUTZ front and rear bump stop kits along with the limit strap for the front but may end up mixing the two since SVC doesn’t offer a front bump stop kit (yet?). However, I don’t see much if any discussion about front bump stops on the forum. Is anyone running the FOUTZ front bump stops along with the limit straps and could offer thoughts on how useful they are or are folks just going with the bypass kits on the front and foregoing the bump stops?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SVC kit looks nice since it has adjustability. Had been leaning toward the FOUTZ front and rear bump stop kits along with the limit strap for the front but may end up mixing the two since SVC doesn’t offer a front bump stop kit (yet?). However, I don’t see much if any discussion about front bump stops on the forum. Is anyone running the FOUTZ front bump stops along with the limit straps and could offer thoughts on how useful they are or are folks just going with the bypass kits on the front and foregoing the bump stops?
Even the stock ibp shocks up front have a bump zone and rubber bump stops as well (as do the FRS). Once people really start pushing these trucks they typically go with secondary bypasses up front and if tuned correctly completely negate any need for a gas bump.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even the stock ibp shocks up front have a bump zone and rubber bump stops as well (as do the FRS). Once people really start pushing these trucks they typically go with secondary bypasses up front and if tuned correctly completely negate any need for a gas bump.
Thanks and understand that there are factory rubber bump stops (front and rear). I initially was looking at just the rear bump stops given the extra weight I have there from the DiamondBack cover and CargoGlide but saw that FOUTZ were offering fronts and thought that would minimize the jarring of hitting the rubber bump stop should the need arrive without the cost of going to a bypass.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the svc on my gen2. i really like the adjustability because when i towed longer distances, i would adjust the bump stops to act more like a helper spring. served sort of a dual purpose.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i had the svc on my gen2. i really like the adjustability because when i towed longer distances, i would adjust the bump stops to act more like a helper spring. served sort of a dual purpose.
Downside to that is the adjustable 2.0 IFP fox bumps hold half the shock fluid as a standard 2.5 x 2.5 bump kit so a lot of companies sway away from using them

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Downside to that is the adjustable 2.0 IFP fox bumps hold half the shock fluid as a standard 2.5 x 2.5 bump kit so a lot of companies sway away from using them
The gen 3 SVC kit uses 2.5s. They adjust up and down based on how you bolt on the can that holds them.