Gen 3 10R80 transmission issues/recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a 22-23 Gen 3 Raptor experiencing issues with their 10R80 transmissions?

Given the recent recall notice from Ford and it effecting multiple F-150’s manufactured between 22-23 (possibly 21?), I was wondering if anyone here is having issues as well.

Link from motortrend for context: https://www.motortrend.com/news/202...orer-lincoln-aviator-transmission-recall/amp/

EDIT: I apologize if there is already a thread on this - I did a (non-thorough) search and didn’t see anything at a quick glance.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read the bulletin. There are no “issues” other than the possibility of a rare instance in which a loose bolt were to make its way into the park mechanism and prevent park from engaging. Only a small number of 22-23 model years are affected and most are being repaired at the plant. I don’t see a reason for this thread.

OP
OP
G3Rap

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the bulletin. There are no “issues” other than the possibility of a rare instance in which a loose bolt were to make its way into the park mechanism and prevent park from engaging. Only a small number of 22-23 model years are affected and most are being repaired at the plant. I don’t see a reason for this thread.

“Prevent park from engaging…” and your $85k+ ride rolling away, maybe?

My “reason” for this thread is because I’m interested in a either a new 22 or 23 that are both currently sitting on dealer lots right now - maybe I posted this thread in the wrong location?

Perhaps I’m reading the room wrong here but I’m detecting a bit of animosity and I’m not sure why. :shrug:

Anyways, hoping anyone with an actual 22-23 gen3 can report whether or not they are experiencing any of the aforementioned issues - a simple yes or no would be helpful - more insight is appreciated.

Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My “reason” for this thread is because I’m interested in a either a new 22 or 23 that are both currently sitting on dealer lots right now - maybe I posted this thread in the wrong location?

Perhaps I’m reading the room wrong here but I’m detecting a bit of animosity and I’m not sure why. :shrug:

Anyways, hoping anyone with an actual 22-23 gen3 can report whether or not they are experiencing any of the aforementioned issues - a simple yes or no would be helpful - more insight is appreciated.
Sounds like you should set up a poll then. As for the truck rolling away, the park brake automatically sets of the truck rolls minutely when in park.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure why the other two in this thread seem to be on their periods but I just read in another thread that an individual is having transmission shifting issues. There is a thread on people completely losing all drive modes including the ability to use 4wd. I currently have about 1,000 miles on my ‘23 and no issues yet. However, I will say that Im not a huge fan of this transmission. It doesn’t know what gear it wants to be in.

OP
OP
G3Rap

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why the other two in this thread seem to be on their periods but I just read in another thread that an individual is having transmission shifting issues. There is a thread on people completely losing all drive modes including the ability to use 4wd. I currently have about 1,000 miles on my ‘23 and no issues yet. However, I will say that Im not a huge fan of this transmission. It doesn’t know what gear it wants to be in.
Thanks for the insight! Really appreciate the good feedback. Keep us updated if you have any other issues.

I heard Ford is having quality issues and this sucks. It’s literally the same 10-speed architecture that’s used in other GM/Chevy trucks but built in different factories and have a slightly different “tune.” I had a 22 1500 Sierra with the 10-speed and it was a joy to drive.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about the other 99% of trucks working perfectly. This forum thrives on the fact many on here have a concern about their truck and how to fix it. How boring it would be to have a forum where you only talked about what works great.
Had to drive to work today everything worked as it should. Last night I took the boss (baby’s mom) to dinner and a couple errands and could not believe how it handled the curbs and corners.
Nearly all social media pray on our desire to bit.h about something. Psychology101

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lose the attitude newb.

“Another thread” of “an individual” claiming to have “shifting issues” is not only completely irrelevant to the bulletin posted by the thread starter, but irrelevant in general. Anyone can claim they have “issues”; without verification and a diagnosis it’s meaningless, especially with a concern as vague and subjective as “shifting issues”.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lose the attitude newb.

“Another thread” of “an individual” claiming to have “shifting issues” is not only completely irrelevant to the bulletin posted by the thread starter, but irrelevant in general. Anyone can claim they have “issues”; without verification and a diagnosis it’s meaningless, especially with a concern as vague and subjective as “shifting issues”.
You’re irrelevant to me. I am having a discussion with the OP. Go back to your Lifetime movies and Advil.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight! Really appreciate the good feedback. Keep us updated if you have any other issues.

I heard Ford is having quality issues and this sucks. It’s literally the same 10-speed architecture that’s used in other GM/Chevy trucks but built in different factories and have a slightly different “tune.” I had a 22 1500 Sierra with the 10-speed and it was a joy to drive.
Hopefully no major issues. I had read prior to purchasing the the 10 speed tends to search for gears so that didn’t come as a surprise. Overall I am extremely pleased with the truck. I’ve given several people my feedback on the differences between the ‘23 Raptor and ‘22 TRX. Ive had both and both definitely have pros and cons.