Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DJE

Reaction score
Got in my new raptor this morning that I picked up on Friday and none of the dash lights up. Pulled it out of the garage anyway and drove it to the store about 4 blocks away and the the whole time no dash screen no speedometer no tach. Only thing flashing was seatbelt, park brake, and check engine light and on my nav screen the inside and outside temp was flashing and changing temps from 20-70. About a block from home everything started working fine but now check engine light is on. Parked in garage sat about an hour went out and started it and nothing on the dash is working.
Anybody else hare anything like this happen? Thanks

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in my new raptor this morning that I picked up on Friday and none of the dash lights up. Pulled it out of the garage anyway and drove it to the store about 4 blocks away and the the whole time no dash screen no speedometer no tach. Only thing flashing was seatbelt, park brake, and check engine light and on my nav screen the inside and outside temp was flashing and changing temps from 20-70. About a block from home everything started working fine but now check engine light is on. Parked in garage sat about an hour went out and started it and nothing on the dash is working.

Next time def grab a video

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1 on video. Straight back to the dealer, with symptoms that dramatic...it's bound to be an easy to spot fix. Much preferred to have an unsecured harness connector back out now, then out on a trail far from civilization.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They haven't addressed my wind noise issue yet but I'm betting it might be related to my door handle. I noticed a blue gasket or wire that looks a little out of place. Below is a picture of my drivers door handle.

D3CA2777-4CAC-47A1-9DA3-EA1867FAA640_zpsq07mdsom.jpg

Good lord I'd not take delivery of that truck, the rust who keeps the same truck when the new comes out ppl sell. I however will have mine forever.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They haven't addressed my wind noise issue yet but I'm betting it might be related to my door handle. I noticed a blue gasket or wire that looks a little out of place. Below is a picture of my drivers door handle.

D3CA2777-4CAC-47A1-9DA3-EA1867FAA640_zpsq07mdsom.jpg

Curious... did the painted door handles come with certain colors only? My shadow black has the black powder coated(?) finish handles vs. the painted ones. I'm pretty sure I checked off all the options for my order so I'm wondering where the differences are, if any, between packages or 802a, 801a, etc...

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious... did the painted door handles come with certain colors only? My shadow black has the black powder coated(?) finish handles vs. the painted ones. I'm pretty sure I checked off all the options for my order so I'm wondering where the differences are, if any, between packages or 802a, 801a, etc...

Weird, I just assumed it was 801 vs 802

Maybe they come with the tech pkg? Do you have that?