GEN 1 Fuel pump relay fuse blows when key is inserted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dc17172

Reaction score
The violet wire with a green tracer is the power feed to the fuel pump control module. It also supplies power to the fuel injectors, so if an injector or circuit is shorted that will also blow the fuse. You can split up the circuit for testing purposes by disconnecting C1581 and/or C1010 to isolate the shorted circuit or component.
IT'S FIXED:

FordTechOne, you came in clutch man. Your post was instrumental in getting it fixed. Thank you. There was a short to ground under the coolant reservoir near the C1010 connector. My friend repaired the wiring harness and we were almost good to go. She would almost start but wouldn't quite fire, but she stopped blowing her fuses. My friend grabbed my old FPDM and plugged it in. She fired up and purred. The cheap (Amazon) FPDM failed. OEM for me from here out. Thanks for everyone's help and support.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the years on this forum I have seen @FordTechOne come to so many people’s rescue with his uncanny knowledge of the Raptor (all Gen’s) I’m beginning to thing it’s an artificial intelligence because his knowledge is better than Googles. In fact when I have a problem and I Google it, @FordTechOne posts show up. LOL!

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IT'S FIXED:

FordTechOne, you came in clutch man. Your post was instrumental in getting it fixed. Thank you. There was a short to ground under the coolant reservoir near the C1010 connector. My friend repaired the wiring harness and we were almost good to go. She would almost start but wouldn't quite fire, but she stopped blowing her fuses. My friend grabbed my old FPDM and plugged it in. She fired up and purred. The cheap (Amazon) FPDM failed. OEM for me from here out. Thanks for everyone's help and support.
Did you happen to take any pictures of the repair? I am curious where the short originated in the harness.