Fuel Level Low 0 Miles to Empty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVOVII

Reaction score
Brand new 2023 that had at least 4 gallons put in continues to show "Fuel Level Low 0 Miles to Empty". Would hate to put a full tank in, only to find out its an issue with the float and they will have to drain 36 gallons.

Checking to see if anyone experienced this issue with a brand new build?

Also are all tailgates supposed to come with the work surface/ruler. I didn't get the sunroof so wasn't able to get the tailgate step, but I was under the impression I would at least get the tailgate work surface. Very possible my misunderstanding.......

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brand new 2023 that had at least 4 gallons put in continues to show "Fuel Level Low 0 Miles to Empty". Would hate to put a full tank in, only to find out its an issue with the float and they will have to drain 36 gallons.

Checking to see if anyone experienced this issue with a brand new build?

Also are all tailgates supposed to come with the work surface/ruler. I didn't get the sunroof so wasn't able to get the tailgate step, but I was under the impression I would at least get the tailgate work surface. Very possible my misunderstanding.......
No worksurface if you didnt get the Moon-roof/Power tailgate package. As far as the fuel level problem... thats odd.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s probably too new to even calculate DTE, 4 gallons isn’t a lot. I don’t think you have any issues. I would drive or fill up full.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill that thing up, don’t be scared. Did you not get a full tank from your dealer?

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, had the same issue when new. Fill it up and it will work fine.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah fill the damn truck up before you damage your fuel pumps, they aren't designed to be ran dry hence the reserve. Diagnose the problem after you have a full tank, it's not going anywhere.

OP
OP
E

EVOVII

Reaction score
Fill that thing up, don’t be scared. Did you not get a full tank from your dealer?
due to a “mix up” they weren’t able to fill it up before my transporter picked it up. But they said send them the receipt and they will reimburse so all good.

Thanks will fill her up after my next paycheck/bonus and hopefully that gets it all sorted out.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It probably reads like that because it spent the beginning of its life idling for a long time. Fill it up. It will register fine 4 gallons is only about 11% total volume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter