Front plate hole fill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ty. Those do look more secure than the others which I had in my other truck and I crushed one pressing it in. Always kinda hung out of the hole.

as for .22 caliber, ah yes. I think I’ve heard of that.
And now you got me started.

I became employed as a New York State civil servant in 1976. Because of my position, I was considered a New York State peace officer. The law back then was very loosely written. Our identification cards had red behind our picture which signified peace officer in New York State. We all know that an ID card means a lot more than a badge alone. Anyone can buy a badge.

So a friend of mine who was in the same position as a me went immediately to a gun shop to purchase a weapon. The gentleman behind the counter, upon seeing his ID, told him he needed a shield. He came back to the courthouse where we worked and told me the above story. I pulled out a big fat soft covered book called the Yellow Pages. Remember those? I found a place in lower Manhattan that made shields. We both went there, showed our ID cards, and ordered our shields, selecting our own numbers on the bottom. It cost us $25 apiece. They looked exactly the same as a NYPD Detective gold shield.

Two weeks later the shields were ready. We picked him up. We went directly to a gun store, displayed our ID card and shield, and $400 later I walked out with a Browning 380, and he walked out with a Beretta 380. My Browning was always way more reliable than his Beretta. His misfired often. Mine never did. I also purchased a Colt Python 357 magnum with a 2” barrel.

Things were a lot different back then. We used to go to the range 2 to 3 times a week and rent just about every gun they had there to shoot. To say I shot my load was an understatement.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, even in 1976 you had to commit a crime to buy a gun in NY. I was in California back then and I could just walk into a store and buy a gun. Without being old enough to have a drivers license. Times have sure changed in California.

ghost410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait so just to get this right, ALL raptors are shipped with holes in the front bumper? Even to states w/o front plate laws?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yep, metal bumper, comes with the holes pre-drilled for your convenience! I was surprised about that too. I'm used to the plastic bumpers that are clean unless you drill them.
OH... You were talking about the Raptor bumper in the previous post.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without proper context and a mind in the gutter, the above statement is hilarious.
Every time I read that in conjunction with my post I choke with laughter. And I wasn’t even attempting double entendre.

Last edited:

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had used two stainless steel black coated button socket head screws. I just moved my plate from off center to the side. I mounted it to the plastic mesh grill and it`s solid. I think I would just need a frame for it if I ever decide to go through a car wash

I told the wife that I was putting the bike reflectors in the dealer installed holes, She actually said "I will never get that truck again if you do that" I had to think about it for a little bit and decided not to use them, too much to loose...

I had bought the STO n SHO and didn't like the fact it still blocked part of the air flow and I looked into this from Amazom

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XFZB8TY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I cheeped out by using 1/4-20 x 1 socket head cap screws along with 6 nuts (2 on each side to space the plate out, the plate rests right up to the bumper) a couple of washers and it was done. Everything is 304 ss so rust will bot be an issue.

IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7958.JPG

IMG_7951.JPG

Last edited: