Front Diff Clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we are all more interested in HP/TQ numbers, V8 options, Sync3, etc. However, sometimes it's the small things that matter. One small thing that has bugged me on the current Gen is the lack of clearance on the Front Diff for an aftermarket cover offering extra fluid, fill/drain port. Any thoughts on the Gen2 being able to run one?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are asking a question that no one can answer as the official 2017 Raptor is not yet out. You are going to have to wait til the summer of 2016 to get this answered. :(

I know we are all more interested in HP/TQ numbers, V8 options, Sync3, etc. However, sometimes it's the small things that matter. One small thing that has bugged me on the current Gen is the lack of clearance on the Front Diff for an aftermarket cover offering extra fluid, fill/drain port. Any thoughts on the Gen2 being able to run one?

OP
OP
The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked around for '15 front diff covers, but couldn't find any. I was going off the same assumption that it would be the same as the '17 models. We're still a ways out from then so things can change.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of front diff, and in particular, the IWE system, has anyone heard if they redesigned the IWE to be more reliable on the 2017? It's one of our Achilles heels and I heard nothing about it.