Fox 3.0's vs Icon 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M64D RAPTOR

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a 90% DD, then why mess with it? Why go 3.0s? Why go mid/top perch? Leave well enough alone. It's a smooth street ride as is and can handle enough off-roading.

I would say upgrade your rear springs, if you haven't yet, and then leave it as is.

Why put the money into a 90% DD? How crazy are the runs you go on off road?

Have you invested in a radio and Off Road NAV yet?

Because I can. I want the extra travel and preload for times like Havoc. I was on mid perch for the last Havoc and was easily pushing it past it's limits. I've bottomed out the suspension too many times in my SCAB and didn't really want to do that in my new truck. I'm pretty sure most people on this forum daily drive their truck 85-90% of the time. I didn't start this thread to **** people off, just to get an opinion on how their 3.0 setup was for street manners.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Calm down there buddy, no one has really gotten out of line yet and getting defensive will only fuel the fire.

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either set up. And yes people have stated a slight deference, but those were people who actually compared the two back to back. As far as us normal folks go, I would bet that you cannot tell any difference. Even if you were to go ride in someones rig with icons, it won't feel any different than the foxs, because too much time has passed to accurately compare. Bottom line they are both a improvement over stock. If you have your heart set on it, pick one and be happy with your choice. We have the fox and love them, we have friends with icon who love them...

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
For most of us, this is a big ticket purchase. Rather than going off of what others think (it is very hard to get unbiased info), YOU are the one that has to be satisfied with your purchase. I would really encourage you to make the time to drive both setups and decide which one you really like. Several others have mentioned that aftermarket leaf springs would be a better first purchase, and I would agree.

Here is my write up on a test drive:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/tmx-test-drive-%96-shock-comparison-between-fox-icon-28598/

ntm also has a thread and actually ran both Icon and then Fox front shocks on his truck. You have to wade through the off-topic stuff, but there is good info there:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/guys-icons-26745/

YOU should buy what YOU will be happy with.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't listen to this guy just buy the Fox's. DD's need 3.0s too!!!

Trues story!

Because I can. I want the extra travel and preload for times like Havoc. I was on mid perch for the last Havoc and was easily pushing it past it's limits. I've bottomed out the suspension too many times in my SCAB and didn't really want to do that in my new truck. I'm pretty sure most people on this forum daily drive their truck 85-90% of the time. I didn't start this thread to **** people off, just to get an opinion on how their 3.0 setup was for street manners.

Hey now....!!! Yeah, don't listen to me, I have a 90% DD too and someday want 3.0s...i was more so just trying to get at your 10% off-roading time. if you are going fast and furious or not. You pose a valid question, and Kaiser posted up his link of his comparison testing. but it's all personal preference.

I think it's going to come down to price for me, because I don't think any 3.0s, even Kings T-Bone, will be a bad thing. My only ride experience right now is in a Icon equipped Raptor, and shit was nice.

Good luck in your purchase, let us know what you get and how you like them. Hope you can maybe get a ride in a Raptor with some different set-ups.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why is this even a thread?!?! There are a ton of threads on this very topic. I feel like I'm on F150online.com again looking at another "which lift should I get, Procomp or Fabtech?". There is a search button and don't be afraid use it... it won't bite.

But then again, maybe we've ran out of topics to discuss so we have to just recycle them over and over again lol.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Truly I've ridden in both ICON and FOX equipped Raptors and I couldn't tell a difference, they both were nice rides.
I'm not out getting on it every day or once a week to maybe notice the difference in both set-ups like some guys on here.
The people that will notice it are the ones who know what to look for and how things should perform and it's for "their" specific needs.
Not everyone's needs are the same and not everyone's driving habits are the same.
For the majority of the people it'll most likely come down to price cause they're both a step up from the stock ones.

:eek: