GEN 1 Fox 3.0 with or without adjusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Bump from the dead

I'm slowly starting to part together a build for my truck and 3.0's are on the list. My stock shocks are nearing 60k miles and I'm debating on switching over to 3.0's some time this year. Or do the fronts now, and then rears towards December or vice versa

The non dsc are an upgrade obviously to the stock 2.5's, but are they worth the slight savings from adjustable ones?

Has anyone else over the years gone with the non dsc ones or have the majority gone with DSC fronts and/or rears?

I do offroad the truck often enough where I think spending 4-5k on upgrades will be worth it and want to continue to build it up to have a blast in the future at RTO runs for example . Just wondering how often everyone tweaks their 3.0's when offroading or think the "standard" setting is good enough. Don't really mind if daily driving is stiffer with 3.0's

Go with DSC, you will thank me later. I personally run them on mine. Adjusting is not difficult and it really does make a difference regardless what Stage3 states as its obvious that they said multiple times that they don’t know what they are doing. For daily street open both dials up fully. For off-road, adjust the large low speed dial halfway from fully open to fully closed. The small high speed dial, close it completely and then open it one full turn. You most likely will not touch the small one during your off-roading. With the larger dial being in the middle you can make adjustments either way but the majority of the time you might only adjust it more closed to keep the front a little stiffer so it doesn’t bounce or bottom out.

We sell Fox shocks all the time, send me a PM and I can offer you a FRF discount that should put a smile on your face. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From Turbo Tim's post on here.... "off road trail conditions change drastically and I didn't want to have to get out and adjust them all the time."

I am the complete opposite of this comment....
On the street, I found my happy spot and never adjust my Hi or Low speed adjusters, just dont feel the need to do it.
Off-road, I adjust for the conditions. Sometimes we are running 100 mph Dez like conditions, sometimes slower but rougher G-outs and whoops. Being able to compensate for the speed I am hitting things makes a huge difference in my clicker settings. Once you get to know your way around the feel, a quick click here or there can totally change the way you run.
I personally recommend DSC up front, and a through the bed Bypass/Rack and Deavers out back

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Bump from the dead

I'm slowly starting to part together a build for my truck and 3.0's are on the list. My stock shocks are nearing 60k miles and I'm debating on switching over to 3.0's some time this year. Or do the fronts now, and then rears towards December or vice versa

The non dsc are an upgrade obviously to the stock 2.5's, but are they worth the slight savings from adjustable ones?

Has anyone else over the years gone with the non dsc ones or have the majority gone with DSC fronts and/or rears?

I do offroad the truck often enough where I think spending 4-5k on upgrades will be worth it and want to continue to build it up to have a blast in the future at RTO runs for example . Just wondering how often everyone tweaks their 3.0's when offroading or think the "standard" setting is good enough. Don't really mind if daily driving is stiffer with 3.0's

if you are doing RTO events, absolutely get the quick adjusters.

You'll be able to tune your shocks for trail running/street driving, then when you hit the RTO events, you'll be able to quickly dial in all of the rebound that you have for the jumps.

( you want your rebound cranked as far as it will go if all you're doing is launching the truck.)