GEN 1 Fox 3.0 with or without adjusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DSC on the front coilovers is a great option if you do not plan on upgrading the suspension any further than a single shock setup (such as a dual front w/secondary bypass shock that does 90% of the dampening over the coilovers, rendering the DSC kit pretty much useless). If you don't have plans for the dual front setups, get the DSC, it makes a pretty big performance difference.

The QAB for the rear is not much a necessity. It's a nice feature, but if you do not mind carrying the Allen key and wrench around to adjust, then save the dough.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Ill be happy to help get you setup.

-Joseph Haynes

Im assuming you can add DSC adjusters to the fronts later right?

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Im assuming you can add DSC adjusters to the fronts later right?

Yes you can. Although it will end up costing you more in parts and labor. It's not something you can just "bolt on". The shock would need serviced as this completely replaces the resi and lines going to the shock.

OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Go with non QAB's in the rear. This happened to a guy on the Baja Raptor Run. No damage other than this as the shocks weren't punctured or anything so they kept working. But he can't adjust them until he gets them rebuilt. I threw a rock into mine at TRR and it damaged the threaded shaft to where an allen key won't fit anymore, but that's nothing a set of pliers can't fix to hold/turn the adjuster.

Not sure what I'm looking at. Did something get sheared off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure what I'm looking at. Did something get sheared off?

You're looking at the two compression tubes on a 3.0 External Bypass rear Fox shock. He had the QAB knobs in the rear which would've been where those two "holes" are. In Baja he heard a clunk from a rock or something else and later found the two QAB knobs for compression missing.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't go with quick adjust because I was told if you live in a harsh climate, they won't hold up well. Freeze-thaw, road de-icer, etc. take a toll on them.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where do you live and where are you going to play? Like the guys said. We don't recommend the QAB's for harsh environments. Have you seen the new standard adjusters?

OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
I'm out in Virginia, eventually hoping to make it to San Diego area.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Go with non QAB's in the rear. This happened to a guy on the Baja Raptor Run. No damage other than this as the shocks weren't punctured or anything so they kept working. But he can't adjust them until he gets them rebuilt. I threw a rock into mine at TRR and it damaged the threaded shaft to where an allen key won't fit anymore, but that's nothing a set of pliers can't fix to hold/turn the adjuster.

Noticed there is a protective sleeve around the shock shaft was that part of the rear shocks or was that thrown on? Does it interfere at all with the shock operation?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm out in Virginia, eventually hoping to make it to San Diego area.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Noticed there is a protective sleeve around the shock shaft was that part of the rear shocks or was that thrown on? Does it interfere at all with the shock operation?

The sleeve protects the shock shaft. Kings and Fox come with the sleeve. Icon has a protector like the stock shocks. Does not interfere with operation.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump from the dead

I'm slowly starting to part together a build for my truck and 3.0's are on the list. My stock shocks are nearing 60k miles and I'm debating on switching over to 3.0's some time this year. Or do the fronts now, and then rears towards December or vice versa

The non dsc are an upgrade obviously to the stock 2.5's, but are they worth the slight savings from adjustable ones?

Has anyone else over the years gone with the non dsc ones or have the majority gone with DSC fronts and/or rears?

I do offroad the truck often enough where I think spending 4-5k on upgrades will be worth it and want to continue to build it up to have a blast in the future at RTO runs for example . Just wondering how often everyone tweaks their 3.0's when offroading or think the "standard" setting is good enough. Don't really mind if daily driving is stiffer with 3.0's

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump from the dead

I'm slowly starting to part together a build for my truck and 3.0's are on the list. My stock shocks are nearing 60k miles and I'm debating on switching over to 3.0's some time this year. Or do the fronts now, and then rears towards December or vice versa

The non dsc are an upgrade obviously to the stock 2.5's, but are they worth the slight savings from adjustable ones?

Has anyone else over the years gone with the non dsc ones or have the majority gone with DSC fronts and/or rears?

I do offroad the truck often enough where I think spending 4-5k on upgrades will be worth it and want to continue to build it up to have a blast in the future at RTO runs for example . Just wondering how often everyone tweaks their 3.0's when offroading or think the "standard" setting is good enough. Don't really mind if daily driving is stiffer with 3.0's
Hi, I recently went with non DSC. Cost wasn't a concern. I just didn't want to stress about which setting I was on. Also, off road trail conditions change drastically and I didn't want to have to get out and adjust them all the time. To me, the non-dsc is less of a headache. They ride incredible. Check out this review video on these shocks they talk a lot about this subject

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk