Ford Raptor in Matte Black Vinyl Wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
If your worried about scratches. I tried something different. I purchased a roll of magnetic vinyl wrap. About 100 bucks for 2ft by 24ft. I cut it out to match the doors and rear fenders. I only put it on when it's time to hit the trails. It protects the paint from rocks and branches.

It Does not work for the front fenders but hey they're pretty far off the ground . It comes in many colors but I chose black. It's the same stuff they make magnetic signs out of.

Where do you buy something like that?

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered it on line. If you search google for magnetic vinyl sheeting you will find several companies selling it. I bought a roll of it. If you can't find it let me know I will look back at et emails to see if I can find the reseller. It's pretty thick stuff. protects well.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I ordered it on line. If you search google for magnetic vinyl sheeting you will find several companies selling it. I bought a roll of it. If you can't find it let me know I will look back at et emails to see if I can find the reseller. It's pretty thick stuff. protects well.

I'll check it out..Thanks

OP
OP
Bohica

Bohica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, but i'm pretty sure i'm going in on it boys!! I got a quote today from a buddy i've been "befriending" for about 10 months now for the sole purpose of eventually getting my trucked wrapped (he's actually a great guy, i know i'm kinda a ****) for the whole truck in matte black............. $1900 bucks, that's a steal cause what i was researching it's usually between $3100-$3800. It isn't free but it's cheap...er!! I'll keep ya'll posted!

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You get what you pay for, especially with wraps. Take it from someone who has had six cars wrapped in different materials.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would only do it with the new 3m material, it also has a built in laminate to protect the vinyl, and very conformable to curves. I think a 3 year warranty on horizontal surfaces and 4 years on vertical.

203kris

Reaction score
If your worried about scratches. I tried something different. I purchased a roll of magnetic vinyl wrap. About 100 bucks for 2ft by 24ft. I cut it out to match the doors and rear fenders. I only put it on when it's time to hit the trails. It protects the paint from rocks and branches.

It Does not work for the front fenders but hey they're pretty far off the ground . It comes in many colors but I chose black. It's the same stuff they make magnetic signs out of.

How is your paint holding up from doing that? I've considered that but wondered if the magnet would be strong enough to not have the material slide around- if so then sand/grit/dirt trapped between it and the paint might cause fine scratches.

I still might do the magnetic sheet route, but maybe on top of a 3M clear wrap on the sides.