Ford racing exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just swapped out my Flowmaster 40 for a Borla (ProXS 40349) for no other reason than I bought it cheap. I promised I wouldn't spend any more on exhaust mods, but I just couldn't help myself.

The Borla sounds a notch or two less aggressive, but deeper tone, less raspy. If that makes any sense. Finding the exhaust you like is very subjective. I promise not to spend any more money on exhaust.

Really.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

RandallSVT

Reaction score
I looked at so many exhaust and listened to just as many. I had a friend who had the Magnaflow high performance muffler one in two out split into duals. He left the resonator on. Perfect for my truck. I have a CAI and with that combo I am very pleased. Youtube has a clip just search magnaflow on Raptor. Nothing against Borla, or Ford Racing. I was going to go Borla til I heard this one. Clips with and without resi on them. Good luck.

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just swapped out my Flowmaster 40 for a Borla (ProXS 40349) for no other reason than I bought it cheap. ...
The Borla sounds a notch or two less aggressive, but deeper tone, less raspy. If that makes any sense. Finding the exhaust you like is very subjective. I promise not to spend any more money on exhaust.....

I looked at so many exhaust and listened to just as many. I had a friend who had the Magnaflow high performance muffler one in two out split into duals. He left the resonator on. Perfect for my truck. I have a CAI and with that combo I am very pleased. Youtube has a clip just search magnaflow on Raptor. Nothing against Borla, or Ford Racing. I was going to go Borla til I heard this one. Clips with and without resi on them. Good luck.

Any noticeable drone from either of these systems?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any noticeable drone from either of these systems?

Yes.

That's like asking "is that salsa is spicy?"

Yes.

Everyone's definition of drone is different. It's a very subjective thing. Some people claim theirs have ZERO drone. What is drone? A 6.2L engine will create internal resonance. Period. No such thing as ZERO. It might be low enough or at a frequency that doesn't bother THEM. YMMV. If that resonance rises to a level that you notice it and it bothers YOU, and then you call THAT drone, then I don't know. My setup creates internal resonance at a level that doesn't bother me, but I don't know if it would bother you.

The ONLY way for you to accurately determine if a setup has "drone" or not is for you to actually ride in it. Someone else telling you it has drone or doesn't is like them telling you "Nahhhh, that salsa ain't spicy at all". Then you taste it and burn your tongue. It might not be spicy to THEM, but it could be to you.

You can click on the link on my sig for a sound clip, but that won't answer your question. Hope this helps!