Ford Performance Rear Diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluto

Reaction score
I installed the spicer diff cover a while ago. Looks great! I used the bolts that came with the kit and had one start to give while torquing down. I took it out and it was stretched. I did have a thought about it though, the bolts come with machine oil on them and oil gets in some of the holes on the diff. I think they are over-torqued due to the lubricant. The stock bolts are supposed to go in dry and be torqued to spec, lube changes that spec. I also re-used the stock gasket, the corrosion that's on the diff/gasket is all outside the sealing surface. No leaks or anything.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the spicer diff cover a while ago. Looks great! I used the bolts that came with the kit and had one start to give while torquing down. I took it out and it was stretched. I did have a thought about it though, the bolts come with machine oil on them and oil gets in some of the holes on the diff. I think they are over-torqued due to the lubricant. The stock bolts are supposed to go in dry and be torqued to spec, lube changes that spec. I also re-used the stock gasket, the corrosion that's on the diff/gasket is all outside the sealing surface. No leaks or anything.
The bolts are made in India along with the cover. May as well be made of plastic.

Mine were ok but the powder coat came off my cover and I repainted it.

It’s a great cover otherwise.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually go in dry ….

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put this diff cover on my list of potential Christmas gifts that I give my wife to pass onto friends and family, as to avoid any more Hickory Farms cheese boxes…
Does it come with a gasket? I see the lube locker gasket mentioned on here, should I just get that gasket anyway? I also put the Foutz skid plate on the list. I’d install both at the same time. It appears from photos the skid plate comes with different bolts for the attatchment points. Anyone have feed back on the Foutz piece. It looks less cumbersome than the Crazy House Customs skid plate

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd do (did) the lube locker gasket....
How long did it take to get your gasket from Lube locker? I ordered on Dec 18, was posted on my bank account immediately, never received any confirmation email, inquiry email I sent is unanswered. I guess I’ll use the new metal OEM gasket I have, the one that came with diff cover isn’t too substantial.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to get your gasket from Lube locker? I ordered on Dec 18, was posted on my bank account immediately, never received any confirmation email, inquiry email I sent is unanswered. I guess I’ll use the new metal OEM gasket I have, the one that came with diff cover isn’t too substantial.
I went this route: