Ford Performance Rear Diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright , takcled the job today. Took about 30min plus whatever it took to take the spare off and on.

At NO point did any of the bolts snap. And since the stock bolts are meant to be taken off and on to service the vehicle in stock form i just re-used them.

The stock gasket was rusted as was the mating surface so i wire wheeled it. I also used a surface shield marine type rust inhibitor on the mating surface and the entire diff cover because cast iron and salt are a baaaad combo. Lube locker gasket. Torqued bolts to 32ft lbs … At
No point was I afraid to snap anything. So like I said idk where that is coming from. I added a shot of the bolts that come with the kit… I don't really see anything wrong with them
Besides not having a provision to hang the brackets. Amsoil 75-90 3.5 qt went in… i suggest NOT getting the ford perf one. It's the same exact cover but with a ford logo that wont be visible in 5 years.
It's coming from people snapping bolts with hardly any torque. Why is it so hard to believe people have different experiences?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's coming from people snapping bolts with hardly any torque. Why is it so hard to believe people have different experiences?
after seeing the amount of corrosion on the gasket and mating surface i could see that happening. However, not due to the design of the hardware but to the weakening of it through corrosion. NOT simply “ the hardware sucks get new bolts”.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hardware spicer sends does suck out of the box. do not use the bolts they will snap when torqued to spec.

Yup, experienced my first ever snapped bolt using their provided hardware.