Ford Performance Exhaust - Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be certain to disable the audio exhaust noise.
It makes a large difference, and not in the way I was expecting.
I am looking into exhaust options and listening to sound clips.
For the in-cab clips, is very easy to tell when the audio exhaust has not been disabled.
You are not nearly hearing the real sound.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean not in the way you were expecting, is that good , quieter?

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was expecting the audio exhaust to enhance the exhaust sound because the stock sound was too boring.
But the reality is the opposite.
The audio exhaust puts out a constant drone (something like a grrrrrrrrrrrrr or hmmmmmm).
It smooths out and mellows what we hear as the exhaust noise.
Without the audio, you hear that the natural exhaust sound is much more dynamic and in-tune with what the engine is doing.

Last edited:

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be certain to disable the audio exhaust noise.
It makes a large difference, and not in the way I was expecting.
I am looking into exhaust options and listening to sound clips.
For the in-cab clips, is very easy to tell when the audio exhaust has not been disabled.
You are not nearly hearing the real sound.

Is Forscan the only way to disable it?

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know, but it has to be the easiest method.
Laptop or tablet + $20 for the license + $30 for the usb adapter.
Worth it to me to disable the double-honk and audio exhaust.
Plus whatever else in the future.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally installed my new Ford Performance Sport exhaust with CF Tips.

attached a few photos, I did the install with my spare off, as it was off already to swap wheels. Directions are not the best, removing the old exhaust was a royal pain in the butt by myself. Ended up dropping the entire thing to get enough room to wiggle the rear pipes lose.

Originally I was just going to keep the factory black tips but for now going to see how I like the CF tips.

Sound - I just wanted a more aggressive sound. My Macan Turbo brings a smile to my face every time I drive in Sport mode (manifolds open) and was hoping to get closer to that. New Exhaust is louder, honestly I think its how it should sound from the factory. Not insane to bother neighbors, but just loud enough to know it when accelerating. Cruising with radio on and its not noticeable at all. Only wakes up under acceleration, even slight acceleration.

All in all, still not as good as the Macan Turbo w/ factory sport exhaust, but definitely better than factory. I'm curious if my wife will even notice.... :D

View attachment 148506

View attachment 148507

View attachment 148508

View attachment 148509

Nice. Quick question bout the Macau turbo though, can you ask the Porsche engineers how come they made they swapped out the 3.6 V6 for the 2.9 that made no more TQ, but does make 34 more hp- you should ask them why it costs $20k more than fords Raptor, but makes less hp/tq stock regardless of 2.9 or 3.6 liters...and will CERTAINLY not make the same hp/TQ not perform as seamlessly as a tuned gen 2 raptor.

hey it looks great tho!! It does!!!

german cars are the definition of “gas lighting” mechanics in tactile form.

V_K

Reaction score
Is it possible to post a sound clip of the carbon fiber ford performance exhaust?? I’d really like to hear it.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible to post a sound clip of the carbon fiber ford performance exhaust?? I’d really like to hear it.
The carbon fiber are just tips... the FP exhaust comes in 2 flavors, touring and sport. Sport is what I have an love it, more aggressive than stock, no drone and deep sounding. I have heard that the touring is as quiet as stock so not sure the point.

V_K

Reaction score
can you please post a short sound clip of the sport exhaust?? I would really appreciate it. I am seriously considering getting it but I really don’t know what it sounds like.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can you please post a short sound clip of the sport exhaust?? I would really appreciate it. I am seriously considering getting it but I really don’t know what it sounds like.
I have SPD downpipes so it won't sound like it would with OEM downpipes...