Ford Performance Exhaust - Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor50

Reaction score
Finally installed my new Ford Performance Sport exhaust with CF Tips.

attached a few photos, I did the install with my spare off, as it was off already to swap wheels. Directions are not the best, removing the old exhaust was a royal pain in the butt by myself. Ended up dropping the entire thing to get enough room to wiggle the rear pipes lose.

Originally I was just going to keep the factory black tips but for now going to see how I like the CF tips.

Sound - I just wanted a more aggressive sound. My Macan Turbo brings a smile to my face every time I drive in Sport mode (manifolds open) and was hoping to get closer to that. New Exhaust is louder, honestly I think its how it should sound from the factory. Not insane to bother neighbors, but just loud enough to know it when accelerating. Cruising with radio on and its not noticeable at all. Only wakes up under acceleration, even slight acceleration.

All in all, still not as good as the Macan Turbo w/ factory sport exhaust, but definitely better than factory. I'm curious if my wife will even notice.... :D

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really nice. So not much louder than stock? I’ve been considering it, but always tough to tell what they’ll sound like even with videos.

Any freeway drone? (FRPP exhaust systems usually don’t, but just curious.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear tires punish the tips and pits the finish.

not sure how you can stop it but be aware. I have the FOMOCO touring.

OP
OP
R

Raptor50

Reaction score
Its definitively louder than stock, no drone on the highway. Only way i'd want it louder, is if there was a Valve button to control it.... in my opinion, the exhaust was worth it, but I haven't heard any other exhaust in person, and of course the fit was spot on, which made the install easy.

too bad to hear about the tips pitting, I wonder if paint protection film would hold up? I did ceramic coat them to keep them clean, but thats not gonna help. Do the factory black tips get beat up too?

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the CF tips. I’m surprised the Ford Performance pipes don’t have the heat shield wraps to match the locations on the OEM exhaust. I too purchased a “Sport” Exhaust, although mine is Corsa, they came with Heat Shield wraps on the pipes at the same location as the OEM.

I agree with you, sport exhaust should come this way from the factory.

OP
OP
R

Raptor50

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Borla website, they apparently come with heat shields, so not sure why the ford performance exhaust doesn't come with them. I guess I should transfer the shields from my stock exhaust?

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were the rear pipes included? Aren’t the factory tips welded on? Post up some sound vids if possible, thanks.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same exhaust sans cf tips. IMO the best exhaust for the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I have too. No pitting on the clear tips, I do have mud flaps

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the CF tips. I’m surprised the Ford Performance pipes don’t have the heat shield wraps to match the locations on the OEM exhaust. I too purchased a “Sport” Exhaust, although mine is Corsa, they came with Heat Shield wraps on the pipes at the same location as the OEM.

I agree with you, sport exhaust should come this way from the factory.

How do you like your Corsas? I’ve always ran their stuff traditionally but I don’t know which way I want to go on the Raptor.