Ford Pass app let me add my VIN :o)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, aren't vehicles put into a shipment/transit mode? I think that disables pretty much everything to prolong battery life.

Yes they do come set up in transit mode which is mainly to shut power down quicker to help keep batteries from going dead on the lot. On performance vehicles they also limit the power of the vehicle. The Mustang GT has a noticeable difference of power before and after transit mode is shut off. I'm sure the Raptor will come the same way.

I don't know if transit mode does anything with FordPass. You can't activate FordPass without having access to the device you are setting up and the vehicle both though.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Ford Pass app require a monthly fee to use the unlock and remote start features?

If so does it come with a trial period? A friend got a 17 Super Duty and said it required a SIM card and other fees.

@03'Darin you know anything about it?

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both my vehicles ready to go. When I click on the vehicle it says "activate vehicle". I need to have the vehicle here. It's still in transit. So yes. Once you are in the vehicle, I'm sure you can
"Bind" your cell phone to your vehicle.
As far as costs go, I have no idea. I'll drop it if they charge. Their main benefit is that you can schedule maintenance and buy more cars haha, so maybe that will be what they feel pays for the service.
I already have remote start. May not work miles away but good enough

DJE

Reaction score
Dealer told me when I ordered it was free for 5 years, so we'll see.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me when I ordered it was free for 5 years, so we'll see.

I thought that at first but i think the ford pass is different than the SiriusXM Travel Link that is free for 5 years.

Striker

Reaction score
SYNC Connect, the connected vehicle technology which enables the remote functionality of the FordPass app – including remote start, lock and unlock – is connected to Ford vehicles via a built-in modem.

SYNC Connect includes five years of complimentary service and is currently available on the 2017 Fusion, Escape and F-150.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SYNC Connect, the connected vehicle technology which enables the remote functionality of the FordPass app – including remote start, lock and unlock – is connected to Ford vehicles via a built-in modem.

SYNC Connect includes five years of complimentary service and is currently available on the 2017 Fusion, Escape and F-150.

Correct.

As far as Ford tracking you I would strongly doubt that. Privacy laws now a days could cost them a tremendous amount of money if they were caught doing that.