Ford dealership rant!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a good lesson for all. Unless you really have an in at a dealership. NEVER TAKE YOUR TRUCK TO ONE!!! Unless it is a warranty issue. 95% of all dealerships have no clue about our trucks, including the majority of the techs!! You just do not take this specialty truck to a place where they spend the majority of the day working on focuses, escapes, fiestas. They are just not knowledgeable enough to work on our trucks.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

When I first got mine I went to 4 dealerships asking about mid-perch and the service managers all looked at me like I had 3 heads. They just do not get it.

- Same here, went to both local dealerships (Coconut Point & Tamiami) and they were clueless! Went to a 4x4 shop (Wicked Customs) that did have a great knowledge base, however wanted $470. I watched the video on this forum and went to my local private mechanic shop (Jacks Auto) and he did it for $140 + 30 tip for lunch! Perfect job in less than two hours and no damage, lol!

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford dealer at coconut point is really sucks , visit there once last year . Those people have no knowledge about how to service Raptors .

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably been repeated god knows how many times on this forum, Ford never, ever produced any documentation to the dealers on how to perform the perch mod. There is no procedure from ford to adjust the perch. The only documentation that has come out, is a TSB that states adjusting the shocks may void parts of the warranty. So, when you go to the dealer and ask for a perch mod and they look at you dumb, its probably because they really don't know and are not up to date on every single modification people are doing on the forums. So how about you all educate yourselfs a little bit before you bash the dealer.

The techs that change the oil/rotate tires/service batteries are usually younger kids with a few months, to a couple years of experience. That job typically pays 7-10 bucks an hour which doesn't go far when looking for the most qualified individual. They can only pay a person that much because the oil and filter eat up a good chunk of the cost, and no one wants to pay anymore than 40-50 bucks for a simple oil change. It would be different if people were willing to pay 100+ dollars for an oil change.

I'm not saying its an excuse for some of the shit that happens to people's vehicles, but it is what it is.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford dealer at coconut point is really sucks , visit there once last year . Those people have no knowledge about how to service Raptors .

* That is true! I really like the service manager, however the techs truly seem careless and lackadaisical!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

It's probably been repeated god knows how many times on this forum, Ford never, ever produced any documentation to the dealers on how to perform the perch mod. There is no procedure from ford to adjust the perch. The only documentation that has come out, is a TSB that states adjusting the shocks may void parts of the warranty. So, when you go to the dealer and ask for a perch mod and they look at you dumb, its probably because they really don't know and are not up to date on every single modification people are doing on the forums. So how about you all educate yourselfs a little bit before you bash the dealer.

The techs that change the oil/rotate tires/service batteries are usually younger kids with a few months, to a couple years of experience. That job typically pays 7-10 bucks an hour which doesn't go far when looking for the most qualified individual. They can only pay a person that much because the oil and filter eat up a good chunk of the cost, and no one wants to pay anymore than 40-50 bucks for a simple oil change. It would be different if people were willing to pay 100+ dollars for an oil change.

I'm not saying its an excuse for some of the shit that happens to people's vehicles, but it is what it is.

* You are correct, from what i have seen they hire very young people with little experience for low pay. Some are polite, however many simply do the minimal necessary, absolutely no real value in doing more than is marginal, especially without financial incentive!

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i come to that area 4-5 times a year and once i did oil change at that dealership , now i do it my self , there is no reputable shops in SW Florida and Ft.Myers

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, I wish you guys had a dealer close you could trust. I take mine to Elder Ford of Tampa. They seem to know their stuff and have always done right by me.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
If you don't think the dealer can do a good job on an oil change / tire rotation, just do it yourself. It requires minimal tools, does not require in-depth technical experience, gives you a chance to look over your truck (something you should be doing anyway, esp if you off-road frequently) plus you get the added satisfaction of knowing it was done right.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Excellent point.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone ever get a call from the service manager saying "their has been an accident, your truck fell off the hoist". It happened to me with my brand new 93 F250 scab 4x4 diesel. Only had a couple thousand miles on it. I almost puked on the phone.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone ever get a call from the service manager saying "their has been an accident, your truck fell off the hoist". It happened to me with my brand new 93 F250 scab 4x4 diesel. Only had a couple thousand miles on it. I almost puked on the phone.

Don't leave us hanging man! This ain't the Fox series 24! What happened next????