For the GOTTAHAVEAV8 crowd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might want to go back and re-check your math there. The 6.2L V8 is a 2V engine. The 3.5L V6TT is a 4V engine.

Even with two less cylinders, the V6 has 50% more valves, springs, retainers, followers, valve guides, valve seals, and valve seats to fail. Plus, there are twice as many cam sprockets, timing chains, chain tensioners, cams, cam saddles and cam covers. Let's not forget those V6 cams are two-piece cams. The total just for the heads is at least 100 more parts. Then you get to add all the turbo stuff and the direct injection fuel system.

The only thing the 3.5L V6TT has over the 6.2L V8 in terms of simplicity is one spark plug in the V6 vs two for the V8.

It's not so bad when compared to a Coyote engine, as those are 4V engines too.

It doesn't speak well for the V6TT that all of those extra parts, a complex fuel delivery system, plus a crap ton of boost generates less than 10% more power than the 6.2L V8.

LOL. Didn't realize the 6.2L was so primitive. No wonder it makes so little power per liter while devouring gas at a frightening rate.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now if you said we are ALL going to have to get used to fewer and fewer gas powered vehicles in the future, that I would agree with.

Yep. Thrown in alternatives like fuel cell or electric cars, and self driving cars, and V8s and TTv6 could be hard to find in just a couple decades. It will be interesting to see what happens with trucks if electric motors become prevalent.

pchmotoho

Reaction score
I preferred the sound of my V8 in my 16 XLT to the sound of my 17 Raptor.

Like Burnout stated on page 2 of this thread though it is 100 percent completely subjective. Im sure a vast majority of my neighbors prefer the sound of the Raptor at 5am to the V8.

Might as well ask who sounds better, The Beatles or the Stones.

ASR

Reaction score
Wow. No argument here. I drove both trucks before choosing the Gen II. But it’s what I like. To each his or her own. The Gen I is also a great truck. Also I traded in a SHO so I am used to the v6. Also have a v8 mustang to play with if I want noise. Lol.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL. Didn't realize the 6.2L was so primitive. No wonder it makes so little power per liter while devouring gas at a frightening rate.
No doubt about it. If they put they same level of tech in the V8 it'd be a 800 hp engine. But it would be less reliable.