For the GOTTAHAVEAV8 crowd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am an anti-troll. Case in point, this ridiculous thread.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Are you driving a dump truck? I'm not. You're just proving my point. Turbos are suited to work trucks. Not off road trucks.

And my point was fewer unique parts/systems. But there's no way a TTV6 has fewer parts than a NA V8 using either terminology.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

That's not the definition. You do know what a definition is, right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=def...7j69i61j0l4.3999j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

As a reminder...

V8 has two additional pistons, rods, rod bearings, spark plugs, ignition coils. Four more rings, eight more valves and springs. So far that is 32 additional parts and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Turbos come with a turbo, turbo bearings, wastegate, intercooler, and some extra duct work. That's roughly 7 extra parts, but we can round it up to 10 just for the hell of it.

10 parts, many of which don't move, versus more than 30 additional critical moving parts in a V8. Still think V8s have fewer parts?

Without a doubt turbos spin quickly and operate at high temperatures, but when designed properly they last millions of miles on highway trucks.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
V8 has two additional pistons, rods, rod bearings, spark plugs, ignition coils. Four more rings, eight more valves and springs. So far that is 32 additional parts and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Turbos come with a turbo, turbo bearings, wastegate, intercooler, and some extra duct work. That's roughly 7 extra parts, but we can round it up to 10 just for the hell of it.

10 parts, many of which don't move, versus more than 30 additional critical moving parts in a V8. Still think V8s have fewer parts?

Without a doubt turbos spin quickly and operate at high temperatures, but when designed properly they last millions of miles on highway trucks.

Meh. My main point was UNIQUE parts/systems. Having 2 extra rods means you are, at most, 33% more likely to have a part fail. Having turbos vs. not having turbos... I'll leave the math to you.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh. My main point was UNIQUE parts/systems. Having 2 extra rods means you are, at most, 33% more likely to have a part fail. Having turbos vs. not having turbos... I'll leave the math to you.

Math:

number of parts * failure rate = probability of failure

more parts = higher probability of failure

You're right, it really isn't that hard.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You haven't proven anything, other than your lack of reading comprehension skills.

:win:

Says the guy who doesn't even know what a definition is.

:specialed:

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Math:

number of parts * failure rate = probability of failure

more parts = higher probability of failure

You're right, it really isn't that hard.

Glad we both agree that I'm right.

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says the guy who doesn't even know what a definition is.

:specialed:

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Glad we both agree that I'm right.

Says the guy who evidently isn't familiar with the concept of dictionary (from which the definition of white noise was provided). I'll tell you what, man... if I had a nickel for every worthwhile post you've made in the Gen 2 section, I'd be flat ******* broke.

Back on the ignore list you go... along with Jake17 and Sasquatch's various aliases... THERE'S a club to be proud of!

:mwah1:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Says the guy who evidently isn't familiar with the concept of dictionary (from which the definition of white noise was provided). I'll tell you what, man... if I had a nickel for every worthwhile post you've made in the Gen 2 section, I'd be flat ******* broke.

Back on the ignore list you go... along with Jake17 and Sasquatch's various aliases... THERE'S a club to be proud of!

:mwah1:

You said it was soothing by definition. You were wrong. You just can't admit it. But everyone who has reading comprehension above the 4th grade level (this excludes you) knows it.

Ignore list. What's that? Something new for the snowflake crew? What a whimp!

:supergay: